Adding Employees (Mobile)
Check out the below video to learn all you need to know about Adding Employees on the 7shifts Mobile app:
To add an Employee in the 7shifts Mobile app, follow these 10 quick steps:
1. Go to Employees in the side menu.
2. From here, you can tap on the ' +' sign located at the top right corner of your screen.
3. Add the ' First' and 'Last' name of your Employee (required), along with their 'email address' and 'mobile number', see screenshot below.
(NOTE: All staff require an email address to log into 7shifts)
4. From there, head to Add Assignments. The Assignments are the Locations, Departments and roles where the Employee will work. Follow the below steps:
- Tap Required 'Add Assignments'
- Select the Location(s), Department(s) and Role(s) assinged to the Employee.
- To select a primairy role for the Employee, you can tap on the star beside their primairy role, see screenshot below.
*You must assign the Employee to at least one Location and Department in order to save your added Employee.
5. Next, you head back to the Profile page by tapping on the back nav '<' on the top left corner of your screen.
6. You can now head to User type/Permissions and select 'Employee', 'Assistant Manager' or 'Manager', see screenshot below.
7. If you selected a Manager or Assistant Manager ' User type', you can specify what permissions they'll have access to, see the screenshot below. Their permissions will be restricted to the Locations and Departments they're assigned to.
8. Next, you head back to the Profile page by tapping on the back nav '<' on the top left corner of your screen.
9. From there, tap ' Add HR and Payroll Information' and you can begin to add the information shown in the below screenshot.
10. Tap 'Save' on the top right corner of your screen.
Your new Employee is now ready to be scheduled.