You can link your Square POS with 7shifts to provide accurate sales and labor forecasting when building schedules. This allows for more accurate scheduling if you're wanting to stay on budget and within your labor target percentage. 7shifts will also show you in real-time what your actual sales and labor are and alert you when you're making shift changes.
Adding the Integration
Before you can turn on the specific type of integration (see above), you will need to add the appropriate POS integration within your account. Log into your account and hover over your profile picture > Company Settings > Add-ons > Third Party and click 'Add Integration'.
Check the box next to the Square logo from the list of compatible POS systems before clicking 'Add'.
After you selected Square as your Third-Party Integration, complete the below steps to get started.
1) Click 'Log into Square'
2) Next you will be taken to Square to verify your account. Sign into your Square account with your existing login email and password.
3) Once you have signed in, a Permission request will appear (see below), click "Allow". This allows for your real-time sales data to be sent to 7shifts. Next, you will be taken back to your 7shifts account.
4) Your Square account information will be automatically entered into 7shifts. The email address associated with the account will appear under "Account", shown below.
5) Next, connect your location in 7shifts with your Location in Square. To do this, select your 7shifts Location > click the Square location drop-down menu and select the correct Square location. Once the Square Location is selected, click "Activate."
Real-time Sales & Forecasting
You can link your Square POS with 7shifts to provide accurate sales forecasting when building schedules. This allows for more accurate scheduling if you're wanting to stay on budget and within your labor target percentage. 7shifts will also show you in real-time what your actual sales are and alert you when you're making shift changes.
Once you've activated the integration, it will take up to 30 minutes to start bringing in sales data. Once it's complete, your schedules page will look like this:
The actual sales row in the budget tool will initially be empty until your Square sales start rolling in. Now when you go to build schedules for future weeks, 7shifts will automatically look at past historical sales from your Square POS and insert sales projections for you.
We integrate with Square actual labor, this means that your actual labor costs will be pulled into 7shifts. Once enabled, your actual labor costs will be displayed on the Dashboard allowing you to compare Sales vs. Labor.
To enable Square Actual Labor:
Hover over your profile picture > Company Settings > Add-ons > Third Party > 'Square'.
Click 'Settings' beside the Location(s) that you want to enable.
Turn on 'Actual Labor' and click "Map Employees" to map your Roles and Employees between your POS and 7shifts.
Sync POS Time Clocking Data
If you have a POS integration that includes labor, you have the option to view your employee's time clocking entries from the POS within 7shifts. In addition, you are able to export this time clocking data to any of our payroll integrations.
Mapping your Employees
You'll need to map your Employees between Square and 7shifts to connect the Actual Labor feature.
- Hover over the profile icon in the top right, then select Company Settings > Add-ons > Third Party.
- From there, select Square > Specific Location > Resolve Now > Employees.
7shifts will automatically map any Employees that already exist between Square and 7shifts. You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
For unmapped employees, you can either match up, ignore, or create the employee.
- Match: Simply find the corresponding employee on the list.
- Ignore: You'll want to ignore if the employee will never need to clock in/out (i.e. salaried employees).
- Create: This will add the employee to 7shifts, allowing you to start scheduling them. If the employee exists in 7shifts but not in Toast, you can also create them in Toast.
7shifts can automatically create a new employee when you add them to your POS. Streamline your employee onboarding process by eliminating the need to enter employee information twice.
To enable the 'Employee Sync' setting:
- Hover over your profile picture > Company Settings > Add-ons > Third Party > POS.
- Click 'Settings' beside the Location(s) that you want to enable.
- Click the slider button under the Labor Integrations section to enable Employee Sync for this location. Once enabled, when 7shifts detects a new employee on your POS that does not match any existing records, we will automatically create the employee and send them an invite to 7shifts. 7shifts will sync the following fields when creating an employee: first name, last name, email, roles, and wages (when wage sync is also enabled).
4. Any recently added employees will be tagged as NEW on your employee page so you can adjust their settings or permissions once they have been created in 7shifts.