You can link your Square POS with 7shifts to provide accurate sales and labor forecasting when building schedules. This allows for more accurate scheduling if you're wanting to stay on budget and within your labor target percentage. 7shifts will also show you in real-time what your actual sales and labor are and alert you when you're making shift changes.
Adding the Integration
Log into your account and click on the 'More' menu > Integrations > Add Integration.
Select Square and click 'Next'.
You will be redirected to sign into your Square account:
Sign into your Square account with your existing login email and password.
Once you've logged into Square, you will be brought back to your 7shifts account. You will need to repeat the first step of clicking 'Add Integration' and select Square:
You will now be able to select a location to connect. Use the drop down menus to select your Square account and Square location that correspond to your 7shifts location:
Mapping Roles and Importing Employees
You will now be guided through mapping your roles. You can choose which 7shifts role to match to your Square roles. If your Square roles and 7shifts roles match perfectly, they will be automatically mapped.
Any unmapped roles will appear on this page, and you can choose to 'Ignore' the role, 'Create role in 7shifts' to match, or select from the existing 7shifts roles in your account.
When you have completed your role mapping, you will next map your employees. Any employees with exact name matches will be mapped automatically. Any names that don't find a match will need to be manually matched by you.
If there are employees in Square who don't exist yet in your 7shifts account, you can choose to import them on this screen. Check all the employees you want to import, and select whether or not to send out a 7shifts invite email at this time (you can choose to do this step later on).
Real-time Sales & Forecasting
You can link your Square POS with 7shifts to provide accurate sales forecasting when building schedules. This allows for more accurate scheduling if you're wanting to stay on budget and within your labor target percentage. 7shifts will also show you in real-time what your actual sales are and alert you when you're making shift changes.
Once you've activated the integration, it will take up to 30 minutes to start bringing in sales data. Once it's complete, your schedules page will look like this:
The actual sales row in the budget tool will initially be empty until your Square sales start rolling in. Now when you go to build schedules for future weeks, 7shifts will automatically look at past historical sales from your Square POS and insert sales projections for you.
We integrate with Square actual labor, this means that your actual labor costs will be pulled into 7shifts. Once enabled, your actual labor costs will be displayed on the Dashboard allowing you to compare Sales vs. Labor.
To enable Square Actual Labor:
Click on the 'More' menu > Integrations > Square.
Click 'Settings' beside the Location(s) that you want to enable.
Turn on 'Actual Labor' and click "Map Employees" to map your Roles and Employees between your POS and 7shifts.
Sync POS Time Clocking Data
If you have a POS integration that includes labor, you have the option to view your employee's time clocking entries from the POS within 7shifts. In addition, you are able to export this time clocking data to any of our payroll integrations.
Mapping your Employees
You'll need to map your Employees between Square and 7shifts to connect the Actual Labor feature.
- Click the 'More' menu > Integrations
- From there, select Square > Specific Location > Resolve Now > Employee
7shifts will automatically map any Employees that already exist between Square and 7shifts. You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
For unmapped employees, you can either match up, ignore, or create the employee.
- Match: Simply find the corresponding employee on the list.
- Ignore: You'll want to ignore if the employee will never need to clock in/out (i.e. salaried employees).
- Create: This will add the employee to 7shifts, allowing you to start scheduling them.
7shifts can automatically create a new employee when you add them to your POS. Streamline your employee onboarding process by eliminating the need to enter employee information twice.
To enable the 'Employee Sync' setting:
- Click the 'More' menu > Integrations
- Click 'Settings' beside the Location(s) that you want to enable
- Click the slider button under the Labor Integrations section to enable Employee Sync for this location. Once enabled, when 7shifts detects a new employee on your POS that does not match any existing records, we will automatically create the employee and send them an invite to 7shifts. 7shifts will sync the following fields when creating an employee: first name, last name, email, and roles.
4. Any recently added employees will be tagged as NEW on your employee page so you can adjust their settings or permissions once they have been created in 7shifts.