SKIP AHEAD TO:
Cake Real-time Sales & Forecasting
Linking CAKE & 7shifts puts real-time sales data from your POS at your fingertips in 7shifts. Your actual sales will be displayed on the web dashboard, your mobile device, and in the Weekly Budget Tool. We'll use that data to provide accurate sales forecasting for building schedules, so you can stay on budget and within your labor target percentage.
Enabling the Cake Integration
Before you get started, you'll need to be an Admin user in 7shifts, and have your Cake Client ID ready.
Locating your CAKE ID in your POS
Please note: CAKE ID is case and hyphen sensitive.
Alternatively, you can reach out to CAKE Support: 855.696.CAKE or email email@example.com
1. Login to app.7shifts.com, then hover over the 'More' menu > Integrations > My Integrations and click 'Add Integration'.
2. Select CAKE from the list and click 'Add'.
- Click the Cake logo, then click your location and enter the Cake Client ID. Finally, click 'Activate'.
Now when building schedules for future weeks, 7shifts will automatically look at past historical sales and insert sales projections for you.
We integrate with CAKE actual labour, this means that your actual labor costs will be pulled into 7shifts. Once enabled, your actual labor costs will be displayed on the Dashboard allowing you to compare Sales vs. Labor.
Once your CAKE labor has been enabled you will see these additional toggles in your integration settings. Ensure that 'Actual Labor' is toggled ON; 'Employee Sync' is optional:
You'll see the labor numbers update on the Dashboard on the day you enabled CAKE actual Labor. Going forward, these numbers will be updated daily from your CAKE terminal.
Mapping your Roles
You'll want to map your specific Roles between CAKE and 7shifts to easily assign Roles when adding new employees from CAKE.
1. To map your Roles, hover over the 'More' menu > Integrations > Mapping
2. Select the Roles tab
7shifts will automatically map any Roles that already exist between CAKE and 7shifts. You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
If 7shifts was not able to auto map the specific Roles, you'll need to either create the Role within 7shifts or CAKE, or map it to another existing Role.
Mapping your Employees
You'll need to map your Employees between CAKE and 7shifts to ensure your Actual Labor data is accurate.
- To map your Employees, hover over the 'More' menu > Integrations > Mapping
- Select the Employees tab
7shifts will automatically map any Employees that already exist between CAKE and 7shifts. You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
For unmapped Employees, you can either match up, ignore, or create the Employee.
- Match: Simply find the corresponding Employee on the list
- Ignore: You'll want to ignore if the Employee will never need to clock in/out (i.e. salaried employees)
- Create: This will add the Employee to 7shifts, allowing you to start scheduling them
Moving forward, you can add your new Employees to CAKE or 7shifts. New employees will be mapped automatically if a match is found.
7shifts can automatically create a new employee when you add them to your POS. Streamline your employee onboarding process by eliminating the need to enter employee information twice. Employee Sync also helps ensure your employee records match in both systems, so your labor data is always up to date in 7shifts.
To use Employee Sync, you will need to have Actual Labor turned on in your integration settings.
Prior to turning on employee sync, we recommend mapping your existing employees & roles. This will ensure employees you have chosen to ignore during mapping will not be created in 7shifts and employees will be assigned the correct roles when they are created.
To enable the 'Employee Sync' setting:
- Hover over your profile picture > Company Settings > Add-ons > Third Party > POS
- Click 'Settings' beside the Location(s) that you want to enable
- Click the slider button under the Labor Integrations section to enable Employee Sync for this location
Once enabled, when 7shifts detects a new employee on your POS that does not match any existing records, we will automatically create the employee and send them an invite to 7shifts. 7shifts will sync the following fields when creating an employee: first name, last name, email, roles, and wages (when wage sync is also enabled).
4. Any recently added employees will be tagged as NEW on your employee page so you can adjust their settings or permissions once they have been created in 7shifts.
Sync POS Time Clocking Data
If you have a POS integration that includes labor, you have the option to view your employee's time clocking entries from the POS within 7shifts. In addition, you are able to export this time clocking data to any of our payroll integrations.