Real-time Sales & Forecasting
You can link your TouchBistro POS with 7shifts to provide accurate sales forecasting when building schedules. This allows for more accurate scheduling if you're wanting to stay on budget and within your labor target percentage. 7shifts will also show you in real-time what your actual sales are.
How to get started:
To enable TouchBistro sales & forecasting integration, follow these steps:
1. From TouchBistro: Get your Restaurant ID
Log in to your TouchBistro cloud portal with your account's username / password at cloud.touchbistro.com.
Navigate to the 'Partners' section on the top nav
Navigate to '7Shifts' on the left nav
Click the 'Enable' button
Your restaurant ID will be displayed when you enable the feature.
2. From 7shifts: Enable the integration
Hover over the ' More' menu > Integrations > Add Integration
Select TouchBistro from the list and click 'Add'
3. Click on Touchbistro > Settings, enter your Restaurant ID (from step 1), and click 'Activate
Once you've activated it, it will take a few hours to start bringing in sales data. Once it's complete, your Budget Tool will look like this:
The actual sales row will initially be empty until sales start rolling in. Once the sales numbers have been pulled in to 7shifts, they will be shown appropriately under the specific day.
Now when you go to build schedules for future weeks, 7shifts will automatically look at past historical sales and insert sales projections for you.
Enforce Schedule (punch enforcement)
Restaurant managers can ensure staff can only punch in if they're scheduled to work. Here's how it works: Staff will punch in on the TouchBistro POS. TouchBistro then sends the punch over to 7shifts to see if this Employee is scheduled to work and can punch in. If the Employee isn't scheduled to work in 7shifts, they will not be allowed to clock in. If they are scheduled work, they will be allowed to punch in.
How to get started
1. From 7shifts: Enable 'Enforce Schedule'
Hover over the 'More' menu > Integrations > TouchBistro. Now turn on 'Enforce Schedule' and click on select the grace period. This allows employees to clock in within that grace period based on their scheduled shift.
Ex: If your employee is scheduled at 9am and your grace period is 10 minutes, the employee can clock in any time between 8:50am-9:10am.
Next, locate your 7shifts 'API Key' by going to Company Settings > API, and copy the key to use in the next steps.
2. From TouchBistro: Enable the integration
Now go into your settings in TouchBistro and click on 'Integrations'. Select 7shifts, which will appear under the 'Scheduling' list. Enable 7shifts to begin configuring it for TouchBistro. Using your API key that you have in your 7shifts account, enter it under 'API Key' and turn on 'Enforce Scheduling' as well as 'Enforce Role' if desired.
Tap 'Done' at the top right when finished.
3. Ensure TouchBistro staff passcodes and 7shifts employee punch IDs are the same.
From TouchBistro, visit Admin > Admin Settings > Staff.
Ensure the code corresponds with the punch ID in the employee's profile in 7shifts:
4. Ensure TouchBistro staff types and 7shifts role names correspond.
This is a necessary step to ensure that employee Roles are uniquely identified and mapped between 7shifts and TouchBistro.
From TouchBistro, head to Admin > Admin Settings > Staff > Staff Types. Within each 'Staff Type', you'll need to scroll to the bottom and ensure that the 'Scheduling Integration Name' matches the specific Role name from 7shifts.
*You must complete this field even if Staff Type and Role names are identical.
We integrate with TouchBistro actual labor, this means your actual labor costs will be pulled into 7shifts. Once enabled, your actual labor costs will be displayed on the Dashboard allowing you to compare Sales vs. Labor.
To enable TouchBistro Actual Labor:
1. Hover over the 'More' menu > Integrations > 'TouchBistro POS'
2. Click 'Settings' beside the Location(s) that you want to enable
3. Click the slider button to enable your Actual Labor at the bottom right corner of your screen
*Note: You'll see the Actual Labor numbers update on the Dashboard on the day you enabled TouchBistro Actual Labor. Going forward, these numbers will be updated daily from TouchBistro.
Sync POS Time Clocking Data
If you have a POS integration that includes labor, you have the option to view your employee's time clocking entries from the POS within 7shifts. In addition, you are able to export this time clocking data to any of our payroll integrations.
You'll need to map your Employees between Touchbistro and 7shifts to connect the Schedule Enforcement and Actual Labor features.
1. Hover over the 'More' menu and select 'Integrations'
2. From there select Mapping > Employees
7shifts will automatically map any Employees that already exist between Touchbistro and 7shifts. You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
For unmapped employees, you can either match up, ignore, or create the employee.
- Match: Simply find the corresponding employee on the list.
- Ignore: You'll want to ignore if the employee will never need to clock in/out (i.e. salaried employees).
- Create: This will add the employee to 7shifts, allowing you to start scheduling them.
Moving forward, you can add your new employees to Touchbistro or 7shifts. New employees will be mapped automatically if a match is found.
7shifts can automatically create a new employee when you add them to your POS. Streamline your employee onboarding process by eliminating the need to enter employee information twice. Employee Sync also helps ensure your employee records match in both systems, so your labor data is always up to date in 7shifts.
To use Employee Sync, you will need to have Actual Labor turned on in your integration settings.
Prior to turning on employee sync, we recommend mapping your existing employees & roles. This will ensure employees you have chosen to ignore during mapping will not be created in 7shifts and employees will be assigned the correct roles when they are created.
To enable the 'Employee Sync' setting:
- Hover over the 'More' menu > Integrations > My Integrations
- Click 'Settings' beside the Location(s) that you want to enable
- Click the slider button under the Labor Integrations section to enable Employee Sync for this location
Once enabled, when 7shifts detects a new employee on your POS that does not match any existing records, we will automatically create the employee and send them an invite to 7shifts. 7shifts will sync the following fields when creating an employee: first name, last name, email, roles, and wages (when wage sync is also enabled).
4. Any recently added employees will be tagged as NEW on your Employees page so you can adjust their settings or permissions once they have been created in 7shifts.