SKIP AHEAD TO:
You can link your Upserve POS with 7shifts to provide accurate sales forecasting when building schedules. This allows for more accurate scheduling if you're wanting to stay on budget and within your labor target percentage. 7shifts will also show you in real-time your actual sales compared to your projected sales.
Follow these steps to enable the integration in your 7shifts account:
From Upserve: Add 7shifts as an API Partner
- Login to Upserve and go to Settings > Integration Partners.
- Click 'Add API Partner' > Select 7shifts > Click 'Add'. It will display a new 7shifts username and password.
The above username and password will be needed to enable the integration in 7shifts.
From app.7shifts.com: Enable Upserve integration
- Hover over your profile picture > Company Settings > Add-ons > Third Party and click 'Add Integration'.
- From there simply select the appropriate integration from the list of compatible POS systems before clicking 'Add'.
- Enter your Upserve/7shifts integration login information from the Partner section of Upserve and click 'Activate'.
Enforce Schedule (Punch Enforcement)
You can now ensure that your staff clocks into Upserve only when they're scheduled to work. In turn, this allows you to control and reduce labor costs.
Here's how it works: Shifts are automatically synced to your Upserve POS. Staff clock in/out on Upserve. Upserve will then validate whether or not that employee is scheduled to work and can clock in. If they are scheduled to work, they will be allowed to clock in. If the employee isn't scheduled to work at that time, a manager will need to override in order to allow them to clock in.
How to get started
1) Hover over your profile picture > Company Settings > Add-ons > Third Party and click on blue pencil by 'Upserve POS'
2) Next, you will enable 'Enforce Schedule' by clicking the toggle on the right.
Some users will need to create their API key here. If prompted, click the create API key button. Then return back to this page to continue
3) Once 'Enforce Schedule' is enabled, select your 'Grace Period' by clicking on the drop down menu.
4) Click Save
We integrate with Upserve actual labor, this means that your actual labor costs will be pulled into 7shifts. Once enabled, your actual labor costs will be displayed on the Dashboard allowing you to compare Sales vs. Labor.
To enable Upserve Actual Labor:
Hover over your profile picture > Company Settings > Add-ons > Third Party > 'Upserve POS'.
Click 'Settings' beside the Location(s) that you want to enable.
Click 'Map Roles and Employees' to map your Roles and Employees between Upserve and 7shifts.
First, you'll want to map your specific Roles between Upserve and 7shifts to easily assign Roles when adding new employees from your POS.
7shifts will automatically map any Roles that already exist between your POS and 7shifts. You'll find those under the 'Matched' heading. You'll simply need to click 'Save' to complete the mapping.
If 7shifts was not able to auto map the specific Roles, you'll need to either create the Role within 7shifts or your POS, or map it to another existing Role.
Next, click the 'Employees' tab to review the employee mapping.
7shifts will automatically map any Employees that already exist between your POS and 7shifts. You'll find those under the 'Matched' heading. You'll simply need to click 'Save' to complete the mapping for those.
For unmatched employees, you can either match up, ignore, or create the employee.
Adding employees after integration is enabled
Moving forward, you can add your new employees to your POS or 7shifts. If there are any new employees needing to be matched, you will see a banner at the top of your screen notifying you to take action.
Match: Simply find the corresponding employee in the list.
Ignore: You'll want to ignore if the employee will never need to clock in/out (i.e. Salaried employees)
Create: This will add the employee to 7shifts, allowing you to start scheduling them. If the employee is in 7shifts but not in Upserve, you can choose to create the employee in Upserve.
Click the slider button to enable your Actual Labor at the bottom right corner of your screen. *Note: You'll see the Actual Labor numbers update on the Dashboard on the day you enabled Upserve actual Labor. Going forward, these numbers will be updated daily from your Upserve terminal.
You can set your employees wages in 7shifts to sync with the wages from your POS. This will ensure that your wages within 7shifts are always up to date with the wage in your POS.
To enable the 'Wage Sync' setting:
- Hover over your profile picture > Company Settings > Add-ons > Third Party > Toast.
- Click 'Settings' beside the Location(s) that you want to enable.
- Click the slider button to enable your Wage Sync at the bottom right corner of your screen.