SKIP AHEAD TO:
Real-time Sales & Forecasting
You can link your Upserve POS with 7shifts to provide accurate sales forecasting when building schedules. This allows for more accurate scheduling if you're wanting to stay on budget and within your labor target percentage. 7shifts will also show you in real-time your actual sales compared to your projected sales.
Activating the Integration
Follow these steps to enable the integration in your 7shifts account:
From Upserve: Add 7shifts as an API Partner
- Login to Upserve and go to Settings > Integration Partners
- Click 'Add API Partner' > Select 7shifts > Click 'Add'
It will display a new 7shifts username and password.
The above username and password will be needed to enable the integration in 7shifts.
From app.7shifts.com: Enable Upserve integration
1. Hover over the 'More' menu > Integrations > and click 'Add Integration'
2. From there, simply select the appropriate integration from the list of compatible POS systems before clicking 'Add'
3. Enter your Upserve/7shifts integration login information from the Partner section of Upserve and click 'Activate'
Once you click 'Activate', it can take anywhere from 1-3 hours for the sales data to be populated into your account. Please check back in a few hours. Your actual sales and projected sales will appear directly on the Schedule page.
Enforce Schedule (Punch Enforcement)
You can now ensure that your staff clocks into Upserve only when they're scheduled to work. In turn, this allows you to control and reduce labor costs.
Here's how it works: Shifts are automatically synced to your Upserve POS. Staff clock in/out on Upserve. Upserve will then validate whether or not that employee is scheduled to work and can clock in. If they are scheduled to work, they will be allowed to clock in. If the employee isn't scheduled to work at that time, a manager will need to override in order to allow them to clock in.
How to get started
1. Hover over the 'More' menu > Integrations > My Integrations > click on pencil next to 'Upserve POS'
2. Next, you will enable 'Enforce Schedule' by clicking the toggle on the right
Some users will need to create their API key here. If prompted, click the create API key button. Then return back to this page to continue.
3. Once 'Enforce Schedule' is enabled, select your 'Grace Period' by clicking on the drop down menu
4. Click 'Save'
The Punch ID field can be found by navigating to Manage > Employees > Employee Profile > HR/Payroll
We integrate with Upserve actual labor, this means that your actual labor costs will be pulled into 7shifts. Once enabled, your actual labor costs will be displayed on the Dashboard allowing you to compare Sales vs. Labor.
To enable Upserve Actual Labor:
1. Go to the ' More menu > Integrations > My Integrations > 'Upserve POS'.
2. Click 'Settings' beside the Location(s) that you want to enable.
3.Switch on the 'Actual Labor' setting:
Click 'Map Roles and Employees' to map your Roles and Employees between Upserve and 7shifts.
First, you'll want to map your specific Roles between your POS and 7shifts to easily assign Roles when adding new employees from your POS.
To map your Roles:
1. Hover over the 'More' menu and select 'Integrations'
2. From there select Mapping > Roles
7shifts will automatically map any Roles that already exist between your POS and 7shifts. You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
If 7shifts was not able to auto map the specific Roles, you'll need to either create the Role within 7shifts or your POS, or map it to another existing Role.
Click the slider button to enable your Actual Labor at the bottom right corner of your screen. *Note: You'll see the Actual Labor numbers update on the Dashboard on the day you enabled Upserve actual Labor. Going forward, these numbers will be updated daily from your Upserve terminal.
You'll need to map your Employees between your POS and 7shifts to connect the Schedule Enforcement and Actual Labor features.
1. Hover over the 'More' menu and select 'Integrations'
2. From there select Mapping > Employees
7shifts will automatically map any Employees that already exist between your POS and 7shifts. You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
For unmapped Employees, you can either match up, ignore, or create the Employee.
- Match: Simply find the corresponding Employee on the list.
- Ignore: You'll want to ignore if the Employee will never need to clock in/out (i.e. salaried employees).
- Create: This will add the Employee to 7shifts, allowing you to start scheduling them.
Moving forward, you can add your new Employees to your POS or 7shifts. New employees will be mapped automatically if a match is found.
7shifts can automatically create a new employee when you add them to your POS. Streamline your employee onboarding process by eliminating the need to enter employee information twice. Employee Sync also helps ensure your employee records match in both systems, so your labor data is always up to date in 7shifts.
To use Employee Sync, you will need to have Actual Labor turned on in your integration settings.
Prior to turning on employee sync, we recommend mapping your existing employees & roles. This will ensure employees you have chosen to ignore during mapping will not be created in 7shifts and employees will be assigned the correct roles when they are created.
To enable the 'Employee Sync' setting:
- Hover over the 'More; menu > Integrations > My Integrations > select your POS
- Click 'Settings' beside the Location(s) that you want to enable
- Click the slider button under the Labor Integrations section to enable Employee Sync for this location
Once enabled, when 7shifts detects a new employee on your POS that does not match any existing records, we will automatically create the employee and send them an invite to 7shifts. 7shifts will sync the following fields when creating an employee: first name, last name, email, roles, and wages (when wage sync is also enabled).
4. Any recently added employees will be tagged as NEW on your employee page so you can adjust their settings or permissions once they have been created in 7shifts.
You can set your employees wages in 7shifts to sync with the wages from your POS. This will ensure that your wages within 7shifts are always up to date with the wage in your POS.
To enable the 'Wage Sync' setting:
- Go to the ' More menu > Integrations > My Integrations >'Upserve POS'.
- Click 'Settings' beside the Location(s) that you want to enable.
- Click the slider button to enable your Wage Sync at the bottom right corner of your screen.
Sync POS Time Clocking Data
If you have a POS integration that includes labor, you have the option to view your employee's time clocking entries from the POS within 7shifts. In addition, you are able to export this time clocking data to any of our payroll integrations.