Creating and Publishing a Schedule
To access the schedule, click the calendar icon at the top of the screen.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Schedule Layouts / View
The Layouts drop-down menu is right-hand side, above the Schedule.
There are three layouts you can choose from when building your schedule:
From there you can add a single shift in any view. Simply click on the shift space within the time frame or day of the week you'd like to schedule the employee.
Schedule Page Tips:
1. If you want to give someone access to a Schedule, but not have their name appear on it, read more here to learn about hiding someone from the Schedule.
2. A useful feature is the Weekly Budget Tool, which shows how much you’re allotting to labor costs while you make your schedules. The labor targets for each day will appear in red or green. This means your labor costs are higher (in red) than the labor target goal or (in green) it will signal that your labor costs are equal to or below your labor target goal.
Click here for more information on the Weekly Budget tool.
3. You can 'copy and paste' shifts by holding down on the 'shift key' on your keyboard to quickly drag and drop duplicate shifts.
4. As you are building your schedule, click on the date to go to the Day View layout.
5. The total daily Employee count shown under the Weather Forecast is the total number of shifts booked for the day. If an Employee is booked for two shifts on the same day, they will be counted as two Employees in the total count.
Hover over the shift count to see a breakdown of the number of shifts by Role:
6. You can find other handy options by clicking on the 'Tool' icon on the far right.
For any questions about these features, please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
List by Role
The 'List by Role' layout will list your Employees under Role headers. If an Employee is assigned to multiple Roles, they will be listed under the Role you have designated as their Primary Role.
To have an Employee appear under a different Role title, simply click and drag the Employee's name to another Role. You can then assign shifts to each Employee.
This 'List' layout will simply list all your Employees to the left.
Similar to the 'List by Role' layout, you can change the order the Employees appear by, Simply click and drag the Employee name cell and arrange them in the order you prefer.
Below the Employee's name, you can see how many hours they are scheduled for during that week, as well as the total labor costs. The labor cost will be based on the hourly wage or weekly salary that you've entered in the Employee's profile.
If you have multiple Locations, you will see the total hours for all Locations. However, you will only see the labor cost for the Location you are currently on.
Time Frames View
In this layout, the schedule is organized by Role and shift time. You will likely prefer this view if you want to make sure you have the right coverage for each shift time.
When you click to add a shift in a specific Time Frame, you can see all available employees, and how many hours each employee is already scheduled to work.
Click here to find out how to create Time Frames in your account. You can also add new ones directly on the schedule page using the Time Frames layout.
Use this view to edit shifts all at once for multiple Departments under the same Location.
To view multiple Departments on the Schedule page at one time:
1. Click the Department tool dropdown.
2. Select all of the Departments, under that Location, you wish to view.
3. Once you've made your selection, click 'Apply'.
Tips for Multi-Department View:
1. Admins can select from all Departments - Managers can select from all the Departments they are assigned to.
2. When using 'Fill from Template' and 'Save as Template' from this view, you will apply and save by Department:
3. When using the 'View Month' feature, you will be able to switch between Departments using the dropdown, but can only view one at a time:
4. When using the 'Copy To' and 'Copy From' function, you can select which Departments you want to copy forward:
5. The 'Revert' and 'Clear' schedule functions will affect all Departments visible at the time.
6. 'Day View' does not support Multi-Department view.
7. Publishing a schedule in Multi-Department view, when selecting to notify employees, will notify only those in the Department(s) with new shifts / changes.
Click on any day of the week to go to the Day View.
You will see detailed information on your daily schedule.
Click on the 'Today' button to easily navigate to today's schedule.
Along the top of the schedule, you will see a summary of the number of Employees who are booked each hour. To view the breakdown by Role, hover over the Employee count.
NOTE: The total daily Employee count shown under the weather forecast is the total number of shifts booked for the day. If an Employee is booked for two shifts on the same day, they will be counted as two Employees in the total count.
You can also make changes to specific shifts on this view. Simply click on the bar for the specific shift, and you'll see the shift edit box appear.
Alternatively, you can drag and drop a shift to another Employee.
Or, drag the shift start and end times to edit the shift length.
You will need to navigate back to the Week View in order to publish your changes.
Publishing your Schedule:
When you click on 'Publish' at the top right of a draft Schedule, staff will immediately receive a text message/push notification and email indicating their shifts for the week.
Making changes to an already published Schedule:
If you need to make changes to a published schedule, no problem. You can re-publish it and choose to only notify employees that had changes to their shift.
Managers and Admins can easily spot and track conflicts, overtime, unassigned shifts, and labor exceptions on the fly by clicking the filter warnings on the schedule page.
They will then isolate those warnings so you can adjust as needed.