Creating and Publishing a Schedule
Scheduling your team has never been easier, faster, or more efficient. Learn more about these essential tools to help you get started with creating effective schedules.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
To access the schedule on the web app, click on Schedules or the 'Calendar' icon at the top of the screen.
1. There are three layouts you can choose from when building your schedule:
2. The Layouts menu icon is on the right-hand side of the Schedule page.
3. From there you can add a single shift in any view. Simply click on the shift space within the time frame or day of the week you'd like to schedule the employee.
You can also type in a memo about this shift, for this particular employee, by using the 'Shifts notes' section.
All shifts in draft mode will appear in a light yellow color, and these shifts are NOT visible to Employees until they are published.
Schedule Page Tips
1. If you want to give someone access to a Schedule, but not have their name appear on it, Click here to learn about hiding someone from the Schedule.
2. The Labor Budget Tool shows how much you’re allotting for labor costs when making the Schedule. The labor targets for each day will appear in red or green. Red means your labor costs are higher than the Labor Target goal. Green means your labor costs are equal to or below your Labor Target goal.
Click here for more information on the Labor Budget tool.
3. Click on the 'Today' button to easily navigate to today's schedule.
4. You can 'copy and paste' shifts by holding down on the 'shift key' on your keyboard to quickly drag and drop duplicate shifts.
5. Shifts that are faded/greyed-out will indicate when an employee is scheduled elsewhere, such as under another Department or Location. These shifts can only be edited if you are viewing the same Department and Location they were created under.
6. As you are building your schedule, click on the date to go to the Day View layout.
7. The total daily Employee count shown beside the Weather Forecast is the total number of shifts booked for the day. If an Employee is booked for two shifts on the same day, they will be counted as two Employees in the total count.
Hover over the shift count to see a breakdown of the number of shifts by Role.
9. You can find other handy options by clicking on the 'Tool' icon, found on the far right.
For any questions about these features, please contact support at email@example.com.
Managers and Admins can easily spot and track conflicts, overtime, unassigned shifts, and labor exceptions on the fly by clicking the filter warnings on the schedule page.
The filter will then isolate those warnings so you can make adjustments as needed.
If there are any alerts or labor warnings associated with a shift, these will be highlighted for you. You can hover your mouse over the icon beside the shift to learn more.
|Unpublished shifts||Labor Exceptions||Conflicts||Overtime|
List by Role View
The 'List by Role' layout will list your Employees under Role headers. If an Employee is assigned to multiple Roles, they will be listed under the Role you have designated as their Primary Role. From there, you can then assign shifts to each Employee.
To have an Employee appear under a different Role title, simply click and hold to drag and drop the Employee's name to another Role.
This 'List' layout will simply list all your Employees to the left. In this view, users are listed in order succession based on when they were added to the account.
Simply click and drag the Employee name cell and arrange them in the desired order.
Below the Employee's name, you can see how many hours they are scheduled for during that week, as well as the total labor costs. The labor cost will be based on the hourly wage or weekly salary that you've entered in the Employee's profile.
If you have multiple Locations, you will see the total hours for all Locations. However, you will only see the labor cost for the Location you are currently viewing.
If 'Appear on schedule' is disabled for a Department, a portion of their salary will not be divided into that Department.
Time Frames View
In this layout, the schedule is organized by Role and shift time. This view helps ensure you have the right coverage for each shift time.
When you click to add a shift in a specific Time Frame, you can see all available employees, and how many hours each employee is already scheduled to work.
Click here to find out how to create Time Frames in your account. You can also add new ones directly on the Schedules page using the Time Frames layout.
Use this view to edit shifts all at once for multiple Departments under the same Location.
To view multiple Departments on the Schedule page at one time:
1. Click on the Department dropdown.
2. Select all of the Departments, under that Location, you wish to view.
3. Once you've made your selection, click on 'Apply.'
Tips for Multi-Department View:
1. Admins can select from all Departments while Managers / Assistant Manages can select only the Departments they are assigned to.
2. When using 'Fill from Template' and 'Save as Template' from this view, you will apply and save by Department:
3. When using the 'View Month' feature, you will be able to switch between Departments using the dropdown, but can only view one at a time:
4. When using the 'Copy To' and 'Copy From' function, you can select which Departments you want to copy forward:
5. The 'Revert' and 'Clear' schedule functions will affect all Departments visible at the time.
6. The 'Day View' does not support Multi-Department view.
7. Publishing a schedule in Multi-Department view, when selecting to notify employees, will notify only those in the Department(s) with new shifts / changes.
Click on any day of the week to go to the Day View.
You will see detailed information on your daily schedule.
Click on the 'Today' button to easily navigate to today's schedule.
Along the top of the schedule, you will see a summary of the number of Employees who are booked each hour. To view the breakdown by Role, hover over the Employee count.
You can also make changes to specific shifts on this view. Simply click on the bar for the specific shift, and you'll see the shift edit box appear.
Alternatively, you can drag and drop a shift to another Employee.
Or, drag the shift start and end times to edit the shift length.
You will need to switch back to the Week View in order to publish your changes.
Publishing your Schedule
When you click on 'Publish' at the top right of a draft Schedule, staff will immediately receive an SMS / push notification and email indicating their shifts for the week.
Making changes to an already published Schedule
If you need to make changes to a published schedule, no problem. You can re-publish it and choose to only notify employees that had changes to their shift.