Clock in and out for Breaks
If you are using 7punches, you can enable the ability for Employees to clock in / out for their breaks in order to remain compliant with your regional labor requirements.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Here's how to enable this in your 7shifts account:
1. Hover over the profile picture in the top right corner, then select Company Settings > Add-ons > Time Clocking > Settings.
2. Scroll down and check the box next to 'Allow breaks.'
Custom & Enforced Breaks
1. Once the breaks feature is enabled, you can select your break type. Choose if your breaks will be 'Paid' or 'Unpaid.'
If you would like some breaks to be paid and others to be unpaid, select 'Custom / Enforceable.'
To select your Break type, click the drop-down menu and select your preferred type.
2. To add a break, click the green add button and fill in the following requirements to adhere to your labor laws:
- Break type - 'Paid' or 'Unpaid.'
- Break name - This will be what's listed for employees to choose from when punching in / out for their breaks.
- Break length - The number of minutes this break should be.
- Shift length - The number of hours an employee needs to be scheduled for to quality for this break.
- Enforced - Select if the break is mandatory for employees to take. We will notify your managers currently working with a push notification (Break Alert) if your employees are at risk of missing these mandatory breaks
3. Click 'Save' when you're done.
At the beginning of their shifts, Employees clock in as they normally would with their unique punch ID. When it's time for their break, the Employee will punch in again and will be presented with this screen:
Once the Employee returns from their break, they simply punch in again and will see how long they were on break for:
Admin & Manager Perspective
Admins, as well as Managers with the 'Can manage time punches' permission enabled, can see the breaks as they happen. To see this, click non the 'Clock' icon at the top of the screen, then select the appropriate Pay Period.
Worked Hours and Wages Report
In addition to viewing the recorded breaks from the Pay period, you can see this data by going to Reports > Worked Hours & Wages > Get Report.