Punch IDs for Employees
When you are first getting 7punches set up within your 7shifts account, you can either have 7shifts auto-assign punch IDs or you can assign punch IDs yourself.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Auto-Assign vs. Self-Assign
1. If are setting up 7punches and choose to auto-assign IDs, make sure you have the box (shown below) checked.
2. Once you click 'Next', each Employee will have a 4-digit punch ID auto-generated for you within their Employee profile, found under the 'Employment' tab.
Self-Assign Punch IDs:
If you are only using 7tasks or prefer to assign a number yourself, you can do this from an Employee's profile.
1. To update this, go to the 'More' menu > Employees.
2. Select an Employee to edit their user profile, and click on the 'Employment' tab.
3. Enter their Punch ID # in the 'Punch ID' field and remember to click 'Save.'
Emailing Punch IDs to Staff
Once you are ready to email everyone their own punch IDs, click on the 'Tools' drop-down menu on the Employees page and select 'Email Employees their punch IDs.'
All of your Employees will then be emailed their individual punch IDs.
If an Employee forgets their own Punch ID
If an Employee has been assigned a punch ID but can't remember it, they can find their punch ID in the 7shifts mobile app by:
1. Going to the 7shifts icon > selecting their profile picture in the top left corner > Edit profile.
2. Their punch ID will appear for them there.