Getting Started with 7punches
With 7punches, your Employees can clock in and out from an iPad, tablet, mobile phone, or iPod touch that is mounted in your business. There is also an option to pull up the punch pad on a computer.
Here's how to get started
- Log in to your 7shifts account as the Administrator
- Hover over your profile picture > Company Settings > Add-ons
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to see 7punches
- Click on the toggle button to enable time clocking in your account. The following settings will appear:
Remember that you can always come back to change your settings. After you click 'Save', the clock icon will now appear in the top menu.
Click on the clock icon to finish the setup:
Once you click Save, your first payroll period will be generated.
Click on a payroll period and you’ll be able to see which Employees have clocked in and at what time, all in real-time.
Approved vs. Unapproved Time Punches
By default, a time punch is marked as unapproved if the Employee clocked in before their shift start time, clocked out later than their scheduled end time, or was Auto-clocked out. You will also see a tag for any Advanced Labor Exceptions in the punch.
To edit punch data, click on the 'Pencil' icon.
The punch edit screen will allow you to edit the punch, add or modify breaks, and will show you the timeline of all events within the punch.
- For accounts that have enabled 'Declare Tips,' you will also have the option to add / edit tips.
- You will see a tag for any Advanced Labor Exceptions you have enabled, for New York and California labor compliance.
Click here to find out how to access the 7punches punch pad.
Click here to learn more about California Labor Compliance settings.
Click here to learn more about New York Labor Compliance settings.