Tip Pool Troubleshooting
Continue reading if you would like to learn more about some of these settings and the corrective steps that you can take.
To troubleshoot how your tip data is being pulled in from your POS, please review and complete the following:
1. Ensure that your employees within Toast are set up correctly with each of the roles / jobs they will perform. This means that the appropriate roles / jobs are selected for every active employee's profile on your POS.
2. Within 7shifts, ensure that you have mapped all of your Roles and Employees with your Toast POS. This helps to verify that both the Roles and Employees in 7shifts are matched to their counterparts in your POS, ensuring that the data being pulled in is accurate.
You may also what to ensure that your employee profiles within 7shifts are assigned to the correct Roles.
3. Whether employees are clocking in/out on your Toast POS or through 7punches, be sure that employees are punching out at the end of their shift. This ensures that tips are calculated correctly based on employee's actual worked hours and allocated to the correct teams. This is especially important if you are using the Dayparts feature. Tip data collected from users that still have an open punch, or have a punch incorrectly recorded, may cause discrepancies.
4. If Shift Reviews have been enabled within Toast, ensure the Shift Reviews are run. If the Shift Review Process is optional for employees, they may not be declaring their tips on punch out. Management can override these Shift Review reports if changes are needed.
5. Ensure that the jobs in Toast are selected as 'Tipped' jobs if any of those positions will be contributing tips. This ensures that the employees will be provided prompts about their tips during the Shift Review process when they go to clock out.