Tip Pool Troubleshooting
Continue reading if you are using Toast POS and would like to learn more about some of the corrective steps that you can take.
To troubleshoot how your tip data is being pulled in from your POS, please review and complete the following:
1. Ensure that your employees within Toast are set up correctly with each of the roles/job codes that they will perform. This means that the appropriate roles/job codes are selected for every active employee's profile on your POS.
2. Ensure that your employee profiles within 7shifts are assigned to the correct Roles. This means that the appropriate roles/job are selected for every active employee's profile in 7shifts.
3. Within 7shifts, ensure that you have mapped all of your Roles/job codes between 7shifts and Toast POS. This helps to verify that the Roles in 7shifts are matched to their counterparts in your POS and ensures that the data being pulled in is accurate.
Example: The Role 'Bartender' in 7shifts could match with the job code 'Bar Keeper' on your POS.
Example: The Role 'Bartender' in 7shifts could match with the job code 'Bar Keeper' but not also the job code 'Bar Assistant' on your POS.
A new Role for 'Bar Assistant' would need to be created with 7shifts in order to match the one on your POS.
4. Within 7shifts, ensure that you have mapped all of your Employees between 7shifts and Toast POS. This helps to verify that the Employee profiles in 7shifts are matched to their counterparts in your POS and ensures that the data being pulled in is accurate.
5. Whether employees are clocking in/out on your Toast POS or through 7punches, be sure that employees are punching out at the end of their shift.
This ensures that tips are calculated correctly based on employee's actual worked hours and allocated to the correct teams. It is especially important that they clock out on time if you are using the Dayparts feature. Tip data collected from users that still have an open punch, or have a punch incorrectly recorded, may cause discrepancies.
6. If Shift Reviews have been enabled within Toast, ensure the Shift Reviews are run every time an employee clocks out. If the Shift Review Process is optional for employees, they may not be declaring their tips on punch out. Management can override these Shift Review reports if changes are needed.
7. Ensure that the jobs in Toast are selected as 'Tipped' jobs if any of those positions will be contributing tips. This ensures that the employees will be provided prompts about their tips during the Shift Review process when they go to clock out.