Companies using Toast POS will be able to collect and divide tips and gratuities among employees.
1. An Actual Sales integration with Toast POS.
2. 7punches for time clocking or an Actual Labor integration with Toast POS since this feature relies on employees' worked hours in order to distribute tips.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Setting up your Tip Pool
To access the Tip Pool feature:
1. As the Admin, head over to the 7shifts logo > Add-ons > Tip Pooling.
2. Click on the 'Enable Tip Pooling' button and follow the billing prompts to confirm enabling this add-on.
3. Once the Tip Pooling feature has been enabled, you can select 'Go To Tip Pooling' and get started right away.
Going forward this tool will also be available by heading to the 'More' menu > Tip Pooling. Click on 'Create a tip pool.'
4. Select your Location, enter a name / title for your Tip Pool, and then click on 'Next: Who is adding to the pool?'
The name is required since you'll later have the option to create multiple Tip Pools for the same Location.
5. Next, you'll need to select the fields on your POS that you wish to pull in tip data from. This will be the initial source to calculate the Location's total tips, which will then be divided out between your staff from there.
Check any boxes that apply, then click on 'Next: Whos is adding to the pool?'
6. You will need to enter what percentage of tips will go to the Tip Pool for transactions that are unassigned to any employees. For transactions that are assigned to Employees, you will need to select which Roles, and enter what percentage of the tips they collected will contribute to the Tip Pool at this Location.
Contributors are usually customer-facing employees that gather tips, gratuities or collect payment during their shift.
Example: Severs can contribute 100% of their tips and still receive 50% from that initial 100% that was put into the Tip Pool.
Click on '+ Add Contributor' to include more Roles or click on the 'Trash' icon to remove any Roles from the list of contributors.
7. When finished, click on 'Next: Who will be receiving from the Pool?'
9. Next, you will need to select your Receivers by clicking the dropdown and selecting a Department or specific Role.
Click on '+ Add Receiver' to include more Departments or Roles or click on the 'Trash' icon to remove any Departments or Roles from the list of contributors.
If you chose to use the 'Percentage' or 'Points Weighting' distribution methods, you will need to enter a percentage or amount of points beside each Department or Role.
10. After you have set up which Departments and Roles will be receiving tips, click on 'Next: One last review.'
11. Lastly, you will be given an overview of how your Tip Pool will be set up. Here you can go back through any steps to make any changes needed, or click on 'Save' to finalize it.
Success! You've just created a Tip Pool.
Managing / Editing multiple Tip Pools
1. As an Admin, you can access your Tip Pool dashboard by heading to the 'More' menu > Tip Pooling.
You can also sort your list of Tip Pools by Name, Location, Day Part, or the last date updated.
2. Click on the 'Manage' icon to Edit, Delete, or view the details for an existing Tip Pool.
3. Simply click on 'Create Pool' to create an additional Tip Pool.
Tip Pool Reports
1. To access your report from Tip Pool Dashboard, click on 'View Report' beside the specific Tip Pool you wish to review.
2. Alternatively, you can navigate to Reports > Tip Pooling.
3. Select your date range, Location, Tip Pool name, and desired layout within the option dropdowns. Then, click on 'Get Report.'
4. Once you have generated the report, you'll get a CSV file similar to this: