Clair - Get Paid Early
Clair is an app that lets employees get paid for the hours they work every day. With Clair, employees can benefit through free wage advances at no cost to your restaurant, spending and savings accounts with a debit card, and digital banking services with zero hidden fees.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Ask your employer if this applies to you.
What is Clair?
Clair is an instant pay app that allows United States-based employees to get paid for the hours they work each day.
Why should I sign up for Clair?
Clair is a faster way to get paid than the current weekly or bi-weekly payroll cycle. When you sign up for Clair, you can choose to get paid for the hours you work each day.
That means that if you earned $100 on Monday, you can get a portion of that at the end of your shift. Clair will never charge you any interest fees, transaction fees, or tips to take out a wage advance; it’s always completely free to access the money you’ve worked for. It’s also a great way to prepare for an unexpected expense or that moment when a bill is due a few days before payday.
How do I set up Clair?
1. Open the 7shifts app, scroll down to the bottom of the home screen, and select 'Get Paid Early.'
You can also access this from the 'My Timesheets' section in the bottom right menu.
2. Click 'Get Started' to receive your unique 6-digit invitation code via email.
4. Follow the steps on the app to sign up for an account. Your debit card should arrive in 4-7 days, but you can use your virtual card to start shopping online or via Apple Pay, Google Pay, or Samsung Pay.
5. Switch your Direct Deposit to your new Spending account by entering your account and routing number into your HR or payroll system.
As soon as we receive your first paycheck, you can start getting paid every day!
How do I get paid every day?
It’s easy to get paid every day! Here’s how the process works:
1. You must set your Spending Account as your primary direct deposit account with your employer.
Once you receive your first paycheck into your Spending account, you’ll start seeing the amount on the 'Earned Wages' box on the home screen go up after you clock out of work.
2. Whenever you need to get paid, tap on the 'Earned Wages' box, enter the amount you want to advance, and it will be instantly transferred onto your account.
3. When your next paycheck comes in, Clair will deduct any amount you advanced from that paycheck. Clair will never charge you interest fees, tips, or late fees for any advances.
⚠️In order to maintain eligibility for this feature, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must set your Spending Account as your direct deposit account with your employer, and have received a paycheck within the last pay period
- You must not have any outstanding debts to Clair from a prior pay period
- You should have activated your debit card
If you don’t meet any of these criteria, Clair may switch off your access to the wage advance feature until you meet the criteria again.
For more information, please visit the Clair support site here.