Shift Trading (Mobile)
Shift trading will be automatically accessible for accounts using the Shift Pool functionality and allows Employees to swap shifts easily with one another.
Click here to enable and use Shift Trading on the web app.
Ensure your notifications settings are enabled to receive Shift Pool requests by going to:
The bottom right 'More' icon > Notification Settings.
Making a Trade Request
To initiate a trade request, an Employee will need to complete the following:
1. Head over to your schedule and tap on the shift you wish to offer to open the shift details.
2. Tap the 'Offer up or Trade' button and select 'Trade.'
3. Scroll through to view and select an available shift you wish to take in exchange.
Tap on the 'Select date' option to filter by date and/or enter in an Employee's name under 'Search co-worker' to choose a specific Employee to trade with.
4. After selecting an Employee's shift you wish to take, tap on 'Send request.'
5. You can include a message about the request within the text box. This message will also be viewable by Managers.
6. Tap 'Send Request' to submit the request.
An email or SMS/push notification will be sent to the Employee you wish to trade with, waiting for them to accept the offer.
You can keep an eye on a request you've initiated by heading to the bottom right 'More' icon > Shift Pool > Mine.
By heading to your Schedule > the specific shift you offered and tap on 'Shift Trade pending.'
The Other Employee in the trade can do the following:
1. Review the Shift Trade offer by going to your notifications or heading to the bottom right 'More' icon > Shift Pool > Up for grabs.
2. Select the request you wish to view and tap 'Accept Trade' to proceed or 'Decline Trade' to deny the request.
Tap on the other Employee's shift to see the shift details, such as any notes or who you would be working with.
Once the other Employee accepts or declines, an email or SMS/push notification will be sent to the Employee who initiated the trade. A separate notification will go to an Admin or Manager for approval before the Schedule changes are final.
The status of the trade will be 'Awaiting Manager Approval' in the meantime.
Note: If the 'Require Approval' setting is NOT enabled for the account, the Shift Trade and Schedule changes will happen immediately after the other Employee accepts the trade offer.
Once the trade has been approved by an Admin or Manager, an email or SMS/push notification will be sent individually to both Employees and their schedules will reflect the changes. If the trade was declined, both Employees will still receive an email or SMS/push notification but their schedules will remain unchanged.
To Cancel a Trade Request
If the request has not been approved yet, either party can take back their shift and cancel the request by:
Heading over to the bottom right ' More' icon > Shift Pool > Mine and tapping 'Cancel Trade.'
By going to the shift on the Schedule page and tapping 'Take Back.'
Approving Trade Requests
For accounts that require Manager approval, a notification will be sent when two Employees have made a request to trade shifts.
(Assitant Managers will only be able to approve requests for Employees.)
Admins or Managers/Assistant Managers with the 'Can manage schedules' permission will be able to process these requests for their own trades, trades of other Managers/Assistant Managers, and for Employees.
(Assitant Managers with this permission will only be able to approve requests for themselves or Employee user types.)
1. To see the request go to your notifications or to the bottom right 'More' icon > Shift Pool > Requests
2. Under 'Requests' tap on the request to see the trade details.
Toggle between different locations by tapping the location ion.
3. From here you can tap 'Accept Trade' to approve or 'Decline Trade' to deny the request.
If the trade would result in any scheduling conflicts, overtime, or labor infractions, you can view the warnings here.
4. Tap 'Approve Trade' again to confirm.
Once the trade has been approved by an Admin or Manager, an email or SMS/push notification will be sent individually to both Employees and their schedules will reflect the changes. If the trade was declined, both Employees will receive an email or SMS/push notification and their schedules will remain unchanged.
- The schedule is republished with changes to either of the Employees' original shifts.
- One of the scheduled shifts starts, after which the shift trade request will have expired.