Shift Trading (Web)
Shift Trading will be automatically accessible for accounts using the Shift Pool functionality and allows Employees to swap shifts easily with one another.
Enabling Shift Trading
Go to Company Settings > Shift Pool, select the 'Shift Pool' (checkbox), and click 'Save'.
(Optional: select 'Require Approval' to ensure that all Shift Trading requires approval from an Admin or Managers with the 'Can manage schedules' permission.)
Ensure your notifications settings are enabled to receive Shift Pool requests under My Account > Notifications.
Making a Trade Request
Employees can initiate a trade request with another Employee by completing the following:
1. Head over to your Schedule and click 'Trade' on the shift you wish to offer.
2. Scroll through to view and select any available shifts you wish to take in exchange.
Click on the 'Select a date' and/or 'All Employees' dropdowns to filter to a specific day and/or choose a specific Employee to trade with.
3. After selecting a shift, you can include a message about the request within the text box. This message will also be viewable by Managers.
4. Click 'Trade Shift' to submit the request.
An email or SMS/push notification will be sent to the Employee you wish to trade with, waiting for them to accept the offer.
The other Employee can complete the following:
1. Review the Shift Trade offer by heading to the 'Shift Pool' icon > My Trades and click the pending dropdown to 'Accept/Decline.'
2. The Employee can also click on the request to see the trade details and click on 'Shift Details' to see who they would be working with.
3. From there they can and hit 'Accept Trade' to proceed or 'Decline Trade' to deny the request.
If the other Employee accepts or declines, an email or SMS/push notification will be sent to the Employee who initiated the trade. A separate notification will go to an Admin or Manager for approval before the Schedule changes are final.
The status of the trade will be 'Awaiting approval' in the meantime.
Note: If the 'Require Approval' setting is NOT enabled for the account, the Shift Trade and Schedule changes will happen immediately after the other Employee accepts the trade offer.
Once the trade has been approved by an Admin or Manager, an email or SMS/push notification will be sent individually to both Employees and their schedules will reflect the changes. If the Shift Trade was declined, both employees will still receive an email or SMS/push notification but their schedules will remain unchanged.
To Cancel a Trade Request
If the request has not been approved yet, either party can take back their shift and cancel the request by:
Heading over to the 'Shift Pool' icon > My trades and hitting 'Cancel Trade.'
By going to the shift on the Schedule page and clicking 'Cancel Trade.'
Approving Trade Requests
For accounts that require Manager approval, an email or SMS/push notification will be sent when two Employees have made a request to trade shifts.
(Assitant Managers will only be able to approve requests for Employees.)
Admins or Managers/Assistant Managers with the 'Can manage schedules' permission will be able to process these requests for their own trades, trades of other Managers/Assistant Managers, and for Employees.
(Assitant Managers with this permission will only be able to approve requests for themselves or Employee user types.)
1. To see the request go to the 'More' menu > Shift Pool > Trade Requests and click the pending dropdown to 'Accept/Decline.'
2. Using the dropdown filter options, Managers can also view all or filter requests by Location, Employee, and Status (including Approved/Declinedrequests).
If the trade would result in any scheduling conflicts, overtime, or labor infractions, you can view the warnings by clicking the 'Conflicts' button.
3. Click on the request to see the trade details, and hit 'Accept Trade' to approve or 'Decline Trade' to deny the request.
Once the trade has been approved by an Admin or Manager, an email or SMS/push notification will be sent individually to both Employees and their schedules will reflect the changes. If the trade was declined, both employees will receive an email or SMS/push notification and their schedules will remain unchanged.
- The schedule is republished with changes to either of the Employees' original shifts.
- One of the scheduled shifts starts, after which the shift trade request will have expired.