Alerts for Missing Punches
For accounts using 7punches or a POS labor integration, Managers and Employees can be notified when a punch is missed at the start or end of a scheduled shift.
This way your team can always be in-the-know if an Employee hasn’t clocked in to or out for their shift (within a certain period of time).
Enabling Missed Punch Alerts
1. Hover over the profile picture in the top right corner, then select Add-ons > Time Clocking > Settings.
2. Check the box labeled 'Send punch-in alerts to Managers' and / or 'Send punch-out alerts to Managers' to ensure your managers on duty will get notified. Enter below the timeframe for late punch alerts to be sent.
3.You can also set the time for Employees to be notified separately from the Manager's notification. Select 'Send punch-in reminders to employees' and set the timeframe for late punch alerts to be sent.
4. Don't forget to scroll down to the bottom of the Time Clocking settings and click 'Save.'
Going forward, when an Employee has not clocked in or out for their scheduled shift, Admins and Managers who are also scheduled will receive a push notification or email alert to notify them that the Employee has not punched in / out.
Notifications will be sent via email and push, depending on your notification settings.
Clicking on the 'Contact' button will take you to the employee's contact info on the mobile app. On the web app, you'll be taken to the messaging screen.
Tapping on the push notification from mobile will bring you to the shift details for the late punch in / out.
1. You can enable or disable the notifications for Missed Punches by hovering over the profile icon in the top right then selecting My Account > Notifications.
2. Head to the bottom and check or uncheck the box next to 'Missing Punch Alerts' to enable or disable the push / email alert.
3. Don't forget to click 'Save.'