Shift Flags - Track Sick Time, No Shows, and Lates
Shift Flags allow you to track when employees call in sick, miss their shift, or are late for their shift.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Manually applying Shift Flags to the Schedule
1. First, go to the Schedule and click on the shift the employee has missed. You'll see a flag at the bottom left of the shift window.
2. Click on it to select whether the employee was Sick, Late, or No-show.
3. Once you flag the shift, click 'Save' and the shift will change color depending on what you selected.
Here's the before and after for a shift marked as 'Sick':
You can then generate an attendance report to see an employee's overall attendance rating. To do this, go to Reports > Attendance.
Select the date range and you'll get a report similar to this:
Scheduled: # of shifts scheduled
Sick: # of shifts the employee missed due to being sick
No Show: # of shifts the employee didn't show up for
Attendance: % of scheduled shifts the employee worked
Auto-populated Shift Flags from Punches
You can choose to have Shift Flags for Late and No-Show populate automatically based on employee punches.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To enable Auto-Shift flags:
1. As an Admin, head over to Time Clocking > Settings.
2. Check off 'Auto shift flags' and set your 'Late tolerance' from the dropdown shown below.
3. Be sure to scroll down and click 'Save.'
Late tolerance - You can set your own grace period which will determine when a punch is considered 'Late.'
Removing auto-populated shift flags:
If you want to change the shift flag that was automatically applied - if the employee forgot to punch in, or was sick - go to the Schedules page and click on the shift. In the bottom left corner, click on the flag and select the correct one:
Where Do Auto-Shift Flags Show up?
When a shift is flagged, either manually or from the punch, they will populate on the Schedules page, the Worked Hours & Wages report, on the Time Clocking page, and the Attendance report.