Paid Time Off - PTO
To enable Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Paid Time Off (SPTO):
1. Go to the 7shifts logo > Company Settings > Time Off.
2. Check the desired boxes and click 'Save'.
Now, when Employees request Time Off, they will have the option to select PTO / SPTO.
When reviewing Time Off requests, you will see a summary of used Time Off Hours for each type of Time Off.
Approved Paid Time Off and Sick Paid Time Off hours will appear within the Time Off Report and for select Payroll exports.
- If Employees need to request a span of time off that includes paid and unpaid, they will need to submit two separate requests.
- Paid Time Off and unpaid Time Off requests are subject to the notice parameters (found under Company Settings > Time Off) set by the account Admin. Sick Paid Time Off does not follow these parameters and does not have a minimum notice threshold.
- Blocked Days will not be applied to Sick Paid Time Off requests.
- The Time Off Report will reflect which type of Time Off was used.
- The Weekly Budget Tool does not factor in Paid Time Off.
- If the Paid Time Off (PTO) and Sick Paid Time Off (SPTO) settings are turned off while there are pending PTO / SPTO requests, those requests can still be approved, but cannot be edited unless changing to unpaid Time Off.
Mobile View of PTO & SPTO