Hiring - Admins & Managers
The Hiring feature allows you to simplify and centralize your hiring processes. Publish your Job Postings, share the links, and review applicants who can meet your specific business needs. Set up alerts for when these candidates apply to Roles you are looking to fill.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Accessing the Hiring feature
From there, you can create Job Postings for the Roles you are hiring for. You can also keep track of and take notes on the candidates that have applied to your existing Job Posts.
- Can view hiring (required)
- Can create and manage job postings
- Can add manager notes
Creating a Job Posting
Follow the steps below as many times as you need to create new job postings and fill your positions!
1. Go to the 'More' menu > Hiring and click on 'Add a Job Posting.'
2. Use the drop-down menus to select the Role, Location, and Job Type (Full-time / Part-time) needed. Enter your Location's name and address so your pool of candidates can know where you are located.
3. Under the 'Job description' field you can provide candidates more details about the position and your business.
4. You can add custom screening questions, with the option for candidates to either select Yes/No or provide a written response.
5. You can also check the 'Notifications' setting if you would like to receive email notifications when someone applies to this Job Posting.
- For each separate Role and availability, you will need to set up an individual alert.
- The user who created the Job Posting will be the only one who will receive these email notifications.
- This same user will be the only one able to toggle on / off these email alerts.
6. When finished, click on 'Post Job' to make your Job Post live.
7. Once your post is live you can share it using the custom link provided. You also have the option to share the Job Posting link on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. It will automatically be available to Google's search engine so that job seekers will also see your posting when searching for jobs near them.
You can also loop in your team right away by clicking on 'Share with Employees' to quickly create an Announcement that includes the link to your new Job Posting.
Here's an example of what the Job Post's public link will look like for those applying:
When candidates apply to the Job Postings you've created, they are required to fill out their availability of when they can work before their application will appear for you in 7shifts.
Managing your Job Postings
1. Head to the 'More' menu > Hiring > Job Postings to view your current Job Postings. You can filter your posts by Location and Role, and sort your view further using the options below.
2. Here you can do a few things to manage your Job Postings:
- Click on '+ Add a Job Posting' to create more
- Select the 'More' icon to delete it
- Click on 'Share' (highlighted in blue) to access and share the post's unique application link
- Click on '# Canidates' (highlighted in blue) to view any current candidate profiles
- Select the toggle to enable / disable email notifications for the post (if you were the creator of that Job Posting)
Viewing & updating candidate profiles
When job seekers apply to your Job Postings, here is where you can view the applications of these candidates to see if they match your needs! While viewing a candidate's profile, there are a few things that you can do as you go through the screening and interviewing process.
You can also use the 'Show favorites only' toggle to quickly filter / display only the favorites for this Job Post.