Gusto Payroll Integration
If you are using 7punches for time-clocking, or have a POS integration that includes labor, you can send your worked hours directly to Gusto.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
For more information please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enabling the Gusto Payroll Integration
To enable the integration, you'll need to do the following:
1. Hover over to the 'More' menu > Integrations then click on 'Add Integration.'
2. Search and select Gusto, then click 'Next.'
3. Click on 'Login to Gusto.'
4. You will be taken to the Gusto login page. Enter your Gusto credentials and click 'Authorize.'
5. You will be redirected back to the 7shifts login screen. Enter your 7shifts credentials.
6. Under 'More' menu > Integrations > Gusto, click on 'Settings.'
7. If you have multiple locations in 7shifts, and they don't all use Gusto you can select the ones you want to connect. Use the dropdown menus to specify, then click 'Save.'
8. Your Gusto account is now successfully connected, but before you can start running payroll you'll need to map your Employees. This is how you will be able to match your Employees in 7shifts to their counterparts in Gusto, allowing the data to sync properly.
Click on the 'Payroll Mapping' tab and then 'Map Employees' to access the mapping page.
- For unmatched Employees, you can either find a match or choose to ignore them if you won't need to sync timesheets for that Employee.
- Please review all matched Employees before clicking 'Save'.
Preparing your Payroll Data
Before you can send your payroll data to Gusto, you'll need to ensure that you've properly approved all punches and closed your timesheet.
1. Click the 'Time Clocking' icon at the top of the screen, then select the appropriate Pay Period.
2. From there, review and 'Approve' or 'Modify' any and all punches, or choose to 'Approve All.'
3. Once you've approved all punches, you're ready to close the Timesheet.
To close the Timesheet, select 'Close Timesheet' in the top right corner.
4. Once the Timesheet is closed you can send it to Gusto by clicking Export > Gusto.
7shifts will send regular hours, OT hours, and double OT hours directly to Gusto.
Including Paid Time Off (PTO)
To include Employees' Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Time Off, and Unpaid Time Off hours within the report, you will need to enable these features under your Company Settings.
Accounts using a supported POS integration will be able to send their tip data to 7shifts. From there, this information can be included with your time clocking data when processing payroll.
Please review carefully to see if your POS or tip source is compatible with your payroll provider.