Heartland Payroll Export
Activating the Heartland Export
To enable the export, you'll need to do the following:
1. Hover over the 'More' menu > Integrations > click on 'Add Integration.'
2. Search and select Heartland, thenclick 'Connect.'
3. Once you have added your integration into your account, you will need to enable and customize some of the individual features of the integration.
To find these settings, hover over to the 'More' menu > Integrations.
4. My Integrations > Heartland and click on 'Settings.'
5. Choose whether to 'Split Hours by Role.'
For more information please reach out to support at email@example.com.
7. Click on 'Edit Employee IDs' or 'Edit Location Mapping' to navigate to the mapping page.
You will need to complete entering both the Location and Employee IDs on the mapping page before setup is finalized. This required in order to match your Employees and Locations in 7shifts to their Heartland ID numbers and have those included in the CSV.
Enter the Employee's File Number next to their name.
Be sure to hit 'Save' at the bottom of the page when you're done mapping your Employees.
Under the 'Locations' tab, update the Payroll Export Shop Numbers for each corresponding Location in 7shifts.
Be sure to hit 'Save' at the bottom of the page when you're done mapping your Locations.
Preparing your Export File
Before you can run the Heartland payroll export, you'll need to ensure that you've properly approved all punches and closed your timesheet.
1. Click the Time Clocking tab at the top of the screen, then select the appropriate Pay Period.
2. From there, review and 'Approve' or 'Modify' any unapproved punches, or choose to 'Approve All.'
3. For multi-Location users, you can also choose to sort by Location and approve punches by Location.
4. Once you've approved all punches, you're ready to close the Timesheet.
To close it, select 'Close Timesheet' in the top right corner.
5. With the Timesheet closed, you can export it by selecting 'Export' then 'Heartland.'
6. You can now import your payroll data to Heartland.
The columns included in the Heartland export are: