Heartland Payroll Export
If you are using 7punches for time-clocking, or have a POS integration that includes labor, you can now export your worked hours in a Heartland-ready format.
1. Activate Heartland Export:
To enable the export, you'll need to do the following:
1. Hover over the 'More' menu > Integrations > click on 'Add Integration'
2. Select Heartland and click 'Connect'.
3. Once you have added your integration into your account, you will need to enable and customize some of the individual features of the integration. To find these settings:
Hover over the 'More' menu > Integrations
4. My Integrations > Heartland > Settings:
5. Choose whether to 'Split Hours by Role'.
If this setting is enabled, Employee hours will be split into separate columns in the spreadsheet, but will not be associated with a wage code (this can be manually added to the spreadsheet before uploading to the payroll program).
7. Click on 'Edit Employee IDs' or 'Edit Location Mapping' to navigate to the mapping page. You will need to complete entering both the Location and Employee IDs on the mapping page before setup is finalized.
This required in order to match your Employees and Locations in 7shifts to their Heartland ID numbers and have those included in the CSV.
Be sure to hit 'Save' at the bottom of the page when you're done mapping your Employees.
Be sure to hit 'Save' at the bottom of the page when you're done mapping your Locations.
2. Prepare your Export File
Before you can run the Heartland payroll export, you'll need to ensure that you've properly approved all punches and closed your timesheet.
1. Click the Time Clocking tab at the top of the screen, then select the appropriate Pay Period
2. From there, review and 'Approve' or 'Modify' any unapproved punches, or choose to 'Approve All'
3. For multi-Location users, you can also choose to sort by Location and approve punches by Location
3. Export your Timesheets for Heartland
Once you've approved all punches, you're ready to close the Timesheet.
1. For multi-Location users, you can now close Timesheets on a Location basis. However, the Heartland export will export punches from all locations, regardless of if Timesheet is closed.
2. To close the Timesheet, select 'Close Timesheet' in the top right corner
3. You can now export the Timesheet by selecting 'Export' then 'Heartland'
4. You can now import your payroll data to Heartland
The columns included in the Heartland export are: