Time Off 101 - Managers & Admin
Employees will submit a Time Off request if there are days they absolutely cannot work.
Here's how a Time Off request works:
1. Employees request Time Off via the mobile app or via the web app at app.7shifts.com.
2. As a Manager, you are notified via text/push and email that a request is waiting for your approval. Time Off is located in the 'More' menu:
The Time Off page will show you all Time Off requests. You can navigate using the tabs on the left, Requests, Calendar, Blocked Days:
Requests are shown in order of date submitted. To edit the request, click on the date highlighted in blue:
To filter requests by Pending, Approved, and Declined, use the 'Statuses' dropdown menu. You can also filter by Employee and Location:
3. In order to view all requests for the month and identify potential conflicts, click click the 'Calendar' tab. This will show you all requests in a month view:
4. If there is a day that you cannot afford to have anyone take off, you can block the day off by going to Blocked Days. Read more about Blocked Days here.
5. Whether the Manager approves or declines the day(s) off, the Employee is notified by text or email.
4. If the time off is approved, it is plotted directly onto the schedule.