Paychex Payroll Export
If you are using 7punches for time-clocking, or have a POS integration that includes labor, you can now export your worked hours in a Paychex-ready format.
1. Activate Paychex Export:
To enable the export, you'll need to do the following:
1. Hover over the 'More' menu > Integrations then click on 'Add Integration'
2. Scroll and select Paychex, click 'Next'
3. Enter your Company Code and click 'Connect'
4. Click 'I'm Done!'
You can now set the optional codes for Regular, Overtime, Double Overtime, and Holiday hours.
5. Click on PayChecx Integration > Settings
4. Click on Payroll Mapping and choose whether to enable 'Split Hours by Role' and 'Export Wages'
Split Hours by Role: Enabling this feature will split Employee hours by role on the CSV. If Employees work more than one role, their hours will be split on the CSV, and the wage codes for those roles will be applied from Paychex.
Export Wages: Enabling this feature will split the hours, as well as overriding the Paychex wage with the wage that is entered in the Employee's 7shifts profile for each role. If wages are correctly entered for each job code in Paychex, this feature can remain off.
You will then need to add:
- Employee IDs (click Edit Employee IDs)
- Labor Override Codes (click Roles after clicking on Edit employees IDs)
2. Prepare your Export File
Before you can run the Paychex payroll export, you'll need to ensure that you've properly approved all punches and closed your timesheet.
1. Click the Time Clocking tab at the top of the screen, then select the appropriate Pay Period.
2. From there, review and 'Approve' or 'Modify' any unapproved punches, or choose to 'Approve All.'
3. For multi-Location users, you can also choose to sort by Location and approve punches by Location.
3. Export your Timesheets for Paychex
Once you've approved all punches, you're ready to close the Timesheet.
1. For multi-Location users, you can now close Timesheets on a Location basis. However, the Paychex export will export punches from all locations, regardless of if Timesheet is closed.
2. To close the Timesheet, select 'Close Timesheet' in the top right corner.
3. You can now export the Timesheet by selecting 'Export' then 'Paychex.'
4. You can now import your payroll data to Paychex.
The columns included in the Paychex export are: