Ultipro Payroll Export
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Activating the Export
To enable the export, you'll need to do the following:
1. Hover over the 'More' menu > Integrations and click on 'Add Integration.'
2. Search and select Ultipro, and click 'Connect.'
3. Click 'I'm Done!'
4. Go back to the 'More' menu > Integrations > My Integrations > Ultipro and click on 'Settings.'
5. Under the 'Payroll Mapping' tab choose whether to 'Split Hours by Role.'
If this setting is enabled, Employee hours will be split into separate columns in the spreadsheet, but will not automatically be associated with a wage code (this can be manually added to the spreadsheet before uploading to the payroll program).
Click on 'Map Roles' to add your Labor Override Codes.
Entering Labor Override Codes ensures that employees are paid the correct rate for the work they did. If they are left blank, the default value of these fields will be the name of the Role in 7shifts.
In the 'Roles' tab, enter the corresponding Labor Override Code for each Role.
Remember to scroll down and click 'Save.' before toggling between Locations.
6. Employee ID’s are also required in order to match employees in 7shifts to employees in your payroll export. Location mapping is used to match your 7shifts and Payroll locations.
Click to 'Edit employee IDs' or 'Edit Location Mapping' to map your Employees and Location(s).
In the 'Employees' tab, enter the corresponding File Numbers for each Employee.
Remember to scroll down and click 'Save.'
In the 'Locations' tab, enter the corresponding Payroll Export Shop Numbers for each Location in 7shifts.
Remember to click 'Save.'
7. Under the 'Export Settings' tab choose whether to 'Split By Earnings Codes, Disable Overtime Rates, or Disable Holiday Rates.'
Enable / disable any of these optional settings by clicking on the toggle beside them.
Split By Earnings Codes
Enable this setting to automatically split hours in your export by Earnings Codes. This will be calculated by the earnings codes and wages in Ultipro, not 7shifts.
Disable Overtime Rates
With this setting enabled, Overtime hours will not be multiplied by the overtime rate in 7shifts. Enable this if you want these calculations done within Ultipro.
Disable Holiday Rates
With this setting enabled, Holiday hours will not be multiplied by the overtime rate in 7shifts. Enable this if you want these calculations done within Ultipro.
Preparing your Export File
Before you can run the Ultipro payroll export you'll need to ensure that you've properly approved all punches and closed your timesheet.
1. Click the Timeclocking tab at the top of the screen, then select the appropriate Pay Period.
2. From there, review and 'Approve' or 'Modify' any unapproved punches, or choose to 'Approve All.'
For multi-Location users, you can also choose to sort by Location and approve punches by Location.
3. Once you've approved all punches, you're ready to close the Timesheet.
For multi-Location users, you can now close Timesheets on a Location basis. However, the Ultipro export will export punches from all locations, regardless of if Timesheet is closed.
4. To close the Timesheet, select 'Close Timesheet' in the top right corner.
5. You can now export the Timesheet by selecting 'Export' then 'Ultipro.'
6. You can now import your payroll data to Ultipro.
The default columns included in the Ultipro export are:
If enabling Split By Earnings Codes, the following columns will be included in the report:
Week ending date
Including Paid Time Off (PTO):
To include Employees' Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Time Off hours within the report, you will need to enable these features under your Company Settings. These will be included in the report as: