7shifts can automatically create a new employee when you add them to your POS. Streamline your employee onboarding process by eliminating the need to enter employee information twice.
Enabling the Employee Sync setting
1. Have Actual Labor turned on in your integration settings. Find the steps for your POS here.
2. Map your existing Employees. This will ensure Employees you have chosen to ignore during mapping will not be created in 7shifts.
3. Map your existing Roles. This will ensure that Employees will be assigned the correct Roles in 7shifts when they are created. (The following POS integrations will be exempt from Role mapping: Lightspeed, Squirrel, and TouchBistro).
If any Roles are still unmapped prior to turning on Employee sync, 7shifts will be unable to automatically create a profile for the users that are associated with the unmapped roles on your POS.
1. As an Admin, head over the more menu ' ☰ ' > Integrations > My Integrations and click on your POS.
2. Click on the 'Settings' button beside the Location(s) that you want to enable.
3. Under the 'Employee Data' tab, click on the slider button to enable 'Employee Sync' for this Location.
After Employee Sync is enabled, 7shifts will detect any new employees on your POS that do not match any existing records in your 7shifts account. We will then automatically create this user as an employee in 7shifts and send them an invite. Helping your business save time when it comes to hiring and onboarding new employees.
We will be updating this in the future but in the meantime, Employee Sync is only able to pull in an Employee's information once and is used in cases where they did not previously have a user profile within your 7shifts account.
7shifts will sync the following fields when creating an Employee:
✅ Available 🚫 Currently Unavailable
*Sync Inactive Status - 7shifts will detect if a user has been made inactive on your POS. If they've been made inactive, we will also make their user profile inactive within 7shifts.
Where new Employee profiles appear in 7shifts
Any recently added Employees will be tagged as 'NEW' on your employee page so you can adjust their settings or user permissions once they have been created in 7shifts.
You can update their user profile in 7shifts anytime by heading to the more menu ' ☰ ' > Employees and clicking on their name.