Optimal Labor Tool
The Optimal Labor tool gives an overview of your optimal labor in relation to your scheduled labor.
- Integrate your POS
- Have 10+ weeks of integrated sales data
- Have 10+ weeks of scheduling data
- Set your labor percentage targets in the Optimal Labor Tab
To Access the Optimal Labor Tool
1. Click on the three vertical dots in the bottom left corner of your Schedules screen and select Optimal Labor.
2. Click on the Optimal Labor Tool to expand the full view.
Daily Labor Overages and Shortages
(+) indicates you have scheduled too much labor (more than optimal)
(-) indicates you have scheduled too little labor (less than optimal)
When your scheduled labor is within 5% of your target, the number will be green. When your scheduled labor is more than 5% above your target, the number will be red.
Hover over any day and hour to view Projected Sales, Optimal Labor, and Scheduled Labor hourly.
You will be able to see any discrepancies between the total employee hours and total optimal labor hours.
For example, at 1 pm on Monday, September 9th above:
Optimal Labor = 3 hours
Scheduled Labor = 3.75 hours
This indicates an overage of .75 hours (+.75)
Optimal Labor by Hour
You can view the overages and shortages hour by hour for each day by clicking View Day:
Let's look at 1 pm from the Daily View:
Hovering over the variance number will show you what role you are overstaffed based on your historical schedules and your Projected Sales:
Set Labor Percentage Targets
1. Click on the Optimal Labor tab.
2. Click on Edit Targets for your location.
3. Set targets for each department.
4. Click 'Save.'
Edit Hourly Sales Projections
You can edit your hourly sales projections by clicking on the pencil icon next to Projected Sales.
- To edit one time period, click the pencil icon next to the amount.
- To edit multiple time periods, hold the 'Shift' key and select the time periods, then click the pencil icon.
Edit the values by entering a 'New Value,' or change by '% Offset' or '$ Offset.'
Once you set the new values, the cells will be marked with a red corner and will show the information when you hover over them.