QuickBooks Online Payroll Integration
If you are using 7punches for time-clocking, or have a POS integration that includes labor, you can send your regular hours, OT hours, and double OT hours directly to QuickBooks Online.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Enabling the QuickBooks Payroll Integration
To enable the integration, you'll need to do the following:
1. Hover over the 'More' menu > Integrations > then click on 'Add Integration.'
2. Seach and select 'QuickBooks', and click 'Next.'
3. Click on 'Connect to QuickBooks.'
4. You will be taken to QuickBooks to login and authorize the connection to 7shifts.
5. Click 'Connect' and you will be redirected back to 7shifts.
6. In 7shifts, click on the QuickBooks integration and click on 'Settings.'
If you have multiple Locations in 7shifts, and they don't all use QuickBooks you can simply select the ones you want to connect.
7. Your QuickBooks account is now successfully connected, but before you can start running payroll you'll need to Map your Employees.
Under the 'Payroll Mapping' tab, click 'Map Employees' to get started.
You can always update your mapping by going to the 'More' menu > Integrations > Mapping.
7shifts will automatically map any Employees that already exist between your POS/payroll and 7shifts, if they are both spelled the same way, with identical capitalization and spacing. You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
Any Employees that cannot be automatically matched will be under the 'Unmapped' or 'Ignored' tab.
- For unmatched Employees, you can either find a match or choose to 'ignore' them if you won't need to sync timesheets for that Employee.
- Please review all matched Employees before processing payroll.
- Remember that each time you add a new employee to 7shifts or QuickBooks, you'll need to ensure that they are properly mapped.
Preparing your Payroll data
Before you can send your payroll data to QuickBooks, you'll need to ensure that you've properly approved all punches and closed your timesheet.
1. Click the 'Time Clocking' icon at the top of the screen, then select the appropriate Pay Period.
2. From there, review and 'Approve' or 'Modify' any and all punches, or choose to 'Approve All.'
3. Once you've approved all punches, you're ready to close the Timesheet.
To close it, select 'Close Timesheet' in the top right corner.
4. Once the Timesheet is closed you can send it to QuickBooks by clicking 'Export' and 'QuickBooks.'
Including Paid Time Off (PTO):
To include Employees' Paid Time Off, Paid Sick Time Off, and Unpaid Time Off hours within the report, you will need to enable these features under your Company Settings.