California Labor Compliance
To remain compliant with the regional labor requirements employers in the restaurant industry in California must take certain measures to ensure that their employees have predictable and fair work schedules.
- Micros 3700
To enable Labor Compliance:
- Head to Company Settings > Advanced Labor
- Under the 'Jurisdiction' dropdown choose 'California'
- Choose which Violations you would like to enable, then click 'Save'
To run the report:
- Click on Reports > Labor Compliance
- Select the 'Date Range' and 'Location'
Included in the report:
- Employee who is owed the violation fee
- Date of the violation
- Violation type (Meal Break, Rest Break)
Schedule Violation Warnings
To avoid/reduce violations you will be warned about potential violations as you make changes to your schedule. Each time you make a change to a shift that causes one or more violations, a warning modal will appear.
You will also see a warning when assigning shifts through the Shift Pool that could cause a violation.
Before publishing a schedule, if there are violations that will be incurred, you will see a summary showing the number of violations, the total cost, and details of each violation.Once published the violation will be recorded in the report. Changing a shift multiple times can incur a violation each time, so be sure to consider the costs before making last minute schedule changes.