With 7punches, Admins can now set up 'Enforced' breaks to enable Break Alerts and ensure labor compliance.
When an employee reaches 75% of the minimum shift length (time required to receive the break), and has not clocked out for their 'Enforced' break, Admins / Managers who are on a scheduled shift will receive a mobile push alert to notify them that the 'Enforced' break has not been taken:
If you have activated 'Enforced' breaks, this feature will be automatically enabled.
Admins who have 'Appear as an employee' unchecked in the 'My Account' settings will automatically receive all break alerts, but can disable those alerts in their Notification settings.
Enabling Break Alerts (Admins only)
To enable Break Alerts, you will first need to set up 'Enforced' breaks:
1. Head over to Time Clocking > Settings.
2. Check the box labeled 'Allow breaks.'
3. From the 'Break type' dropdown select 'Custom / Enforceable.'
Selecting 'Custom / Enforceable' will also allow you to set some breaks as paid and others as unpaid.
4. Add a break by clicking '+ Add Break.'
Fill in the Break type, Break name, Break length, and Shift length. Ensure you choose 'Enforced' before clicking 'Save.'
That's it! Break Alerts are now active.
You can enable or disable the notifications for Break Alerts by:
1. Hovering over the profile icon in the top right then selecting My Account > Notifications.
2. Head to the bottom and click on the toggle next to 'Break Alerts' to enable or disable the push alerts.