Accurate sales and labor data tracking is now at your fingertips with the MobileBytes POS integration!
With this integration:
- 7shifts can pull in your actual sales data from your POS and further use this data to create sales projections with 95% accuracy.
- 7shifts can pull in your actual labor data, allowing you to compare your scheduled and actual labor to see how well you're hitting your labor targets.
- 7shifts can send your scheduled shifts to your POS, ensuring employees can only clock in with a scheduled shift.
Adding the Integration
7shifts communicates with your MobileBytes point of sale via an API key.
To obtain this key you will need to reach out to your MobileBytes rep.
When you have your API key:
Head to Company Settings > Add-ons > Third Party, then click on 'Add Integration' and select 'Mobilebytes' from the list
Select your Location and input the API key
Real-Time Sales & Forecasting
You can link your MobileBytes POS with 7shifts to provide accurate sales forecasting when building schedules. This allows for more accurate scheduling if you're wanting to stay on budget and within your labor target percentage. 7shifts will also show you in real-time what your actual sales are and alert you when you're making shift changes on the schedule.
Upon activation it may take a few hours to begin displaying your sales data. Once it's done, your Schedules page will look like this:
The Actual Sales row will initially be empty until sales start rolling in. Once the sales numbers have been pulled in to 7shifts, they will be shown appropriately under the specific day.
Now when you go to build schedules for future weeks, 7shifts will automatically look at past historical sales and insert sales projections for you.
We integrate with MobileBytes actual labor, this means that your actual labor costs will be pulled into 7shifts. Once enabled, your actual labor costs will be displayed on the Dashboard allowing you to compare Sales vs. Labor.
To enable MobileBytes Actual Labor:
Hover over your profile picture > Company Settings > Add-ons > Third Party > 'MobileBytes POS'.
Click 'Settings' beside the Location(s) that you want to enable.
Click 'Map Roles and Employees' to map your Roles and Employees between your POS and 7shifts.
First, you'll want to map your specific Roles between your POS and 7shifts to easily assign Roles when adding new employees from your POS.
7shifts will automatically map any Roles that already exist between your POS and 7shifts. You'll find those under the 'Matched' heading. You'll simply need to click 'Save' to complete the mapping.
If 7shifts was not able to auto map the specific Roles, you'll need to either create the Role within 7shifts or your POS, or map it to another existing Role.
Sync POS Time Clocking Data
If you have a POS integration that includes labor, you have the option to view your employee's time clocking entries from the POS within 7shifts. In addition, you are able to export this time clocking data to any of our payroll integrations.
Click here for more information on enabling this function.
Next, click the 'Employees' tab to review the employee mapping.
7shifts will automatically map any Employees that already exist between your POS and 7shifts. You'll find those under the 'Matched' heading. You'll simply need to click 'Save' to complete the mapping for those.
For unmatched employees, you can either match up, ignore, or create the employee.
Please review all matched employees before clicking 'Save'. If an incorrect match was made, you can always correct the mistake by clicking 'Unmatch'. The employee will now be listed under 'Unmatched' and you can assign them correctly from there.
After clicking 'Save', it can take up to 3 hours to finish synching.
Adding employees after integration is enabled:
Moving forward, you can add your new employees to your POS or 7shifts. If there are any new employees needing to be matched, you will see a banner at the top of your screen notifying you to take action.
Match: Simply find the corresponding employee in the list.
Ignore: You'll want to ignore if the employee will never need to clock in/out (i.e. Salaried employees)
Create: This will add the employee to 7shifts, allowing you to start scheduling them.
To enable (after mapping is complete):
Toggle on the slider button next Actual Labor at the bottom right corner
You'll see the Actual Labor numbers update on the Dashboard on the day you enabled the Actual Labor integration. Going forward, these numbers will be updated daily from your POS
Enforce Schedule (Punch Enforcement)
You can now ensure that your staff clocks into MobileBytes only when they're scheduled to work. In turn, this allows you to control and reduce labor costs.
Here's how it works: Shifts are automatically synced to your MobileBytes POS. Staff clock in/out on the POS. Your POS will then validate whether or not that employee is scheduled to work and can clock in. If they are scheduled to work, they will be allowed to clock in. If the employee isn't scheduled to work at that time, a manager will need to override in order to allow them to clock in.
How to get started
- First, you'll need to map your roles and map your employees
- Then, hover over your Profile Icon > Company Settings > Add-ons > Third Party and click on pencil by 'MobileBytes POS'
- Finally, you will need to enable the 'Enforce Schedule' by clicking the toggle on the right
7shifts can automatically create a new employee when you add them to your POS. Streamline your employee onboarding process by eliminating the need to enter employee information twice. Employee Sync also helps ensure your employee records match in both systems, so your labor data is always up to date in 7shifts.
To use Employee Sync, you will need to have Actual Labor turned on in your integration settings.
Prior to turning on employee sync, we recommend mapping your existing employees & roles. This will ensure employees you have chosen to ignore during mapping will not be created in 7shifts and employees will be assigned the correct roles when they are created.
To enable the 'Employee Sync' setting:
- Hover over your profile picture > Company Settings > Add-ons > Third Party > POS.
- Click 'Settings' beside the Location(s) that you want to enable.
- Click the slider button under the Labor Integrations section to enable Employee Sync for this location. Once enabled, when 7shifts detects a new employee on your POS that does not match any existing records, we will automatically create the employee and send them an invite to 7shifts. 7shifts will sync the following fields when creating an employee: first name, last name, email, roles, and wages (when wage sync is also enabled).
4. Any recently added employees will be tagged as NEW on your employee page so you can adjust their settings or permissions once they have been created in 7shifts.
Click here to learn more about Employee and Role Mapping.