Accurate sales and labor data tracking is at your fingertips with the Lightspeed POS integration!
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Adding the Integration
To add the integration you will need to complete the following:
1. Head to the more menu ' ☰ ' > Integrations > Add Integration.
2. Seach and select Lightspeed, then click 'Next.'
3. You will then be prompted to log into Lightspeed to connect your account. Click on 'Login to Lightspeed.'
4. Log into Lightspeed using your existing email and password.
5. After logging in you will be redirected back to the 7shifts My Integrations page. Click on 'Lightspeed' to complete the setup.
6. Click 'Connect a Location.'
7. Select the 7shifts Location and Lightspeed Company you wish to integrate and click 'Connect.'
Repeat steps 6 and 7 to connect more of your Locations.
Actual Sales & Forecasting
Once your integration has been activated, your real-time sales data will be enabled by default. We will backfill 90 days of previous sales, if available. 7shifts will also use those Actual Sales values to populate Projected Sales, allowing you to create schedules based on those projections. These will become more accurate over time as more data is available. Sales data from Lightspeed POS syncs to 7shifts every 5 minutes.
7shifts will begin pulling in your sales data into the Dashboard, Manager Log Book, Actuals Report, and the Labor Budget Tool.
Click here to learn more about the Dashboard.
Manager Log Book:
Click here to learn more about the Manager Log Book.
Click here to learn more about the Actuals Report.
Labor Budget Tool:
Click here to learn more about the Labor Budget Tool.
Now when you go to build schedules for future weeks, 7shifts will automatically look at past historical sales and insert your sales projections for you. This allows for more accurate scheduling if you're wanting to stay on budget and within your labor targets.
The Actual Sales will initially be empty for the current or future days until sales start rolling in. Once the sales numbers have been pulled into 7shifts, they will be shown appropriately under those specific days.
We integrate with Lightspeed actual labor which means your actual labor costs will be pulled into 7shifts. Once enabled, this data will be displayed on the Dashboard allowing you to compare Sales vs. Labor.
To enable Lightspeed Actual Labor:
1. Hover over the more menu ' ☰ ' > Integrations > My Integrations > Lightspeed.
2. Click 'Settings' beside the Location(s) that you want to enable.
3. In the 'Labor' tab click the slider button to enable Actual Labor for this Location.
You'll see the Actual Labor numbers update on the Dashboard on the day you enabled Lightspeed Actual Labor. Going forward, these numbers will be updated daily (every 5 minutes for closed punches) from Lightspeed.
Labor costs won't be up to date until all punches are closed for the day.
You'll need to map your Employees between your POS and 7shifts to connect the Schedule Enforcement and Actual Labor features. This is how you will be able to match your Employees in 7shifts to their counterparts in your POS.
1. Go to the more menu ' ☰ ' > Integrations.
2. From there, select Mapping > Employees.
7shifts will automatically map any Employees that already exist between your POS and 7shifts (if they are both spelled the same way). You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
For unmapped Employees, you can either match up, ignore, or create the Employee.
- Match: Simply find the corresponding Employee on the list.
- Ignore: You'll want to ignore if the Employee will never need to clock in/out (i.e. salaried employees).
- Create: This will add the Employee to 7shifts, allowing you to start scheduling them.
Moving forward, you can add your new Employees to your POS or 7shifts. New employees will be mapped automatically if a match is found.
7shifts can automatically create a new employee when you add them to your POS. Streamline your employee onboarding process by eliminating the need to enter employee information twice. Employee Sync also helps ensure your employee records match in both systems, so your labor data is always up to date in 7shifts.
1. Have Actual Labor turned on in your integration settings.
2. Map your existing Employees. This will ensure Employees you have chosen to ignore during mapping will not be created in 7shifts.
Sync POS Time Clocking Data
If you have a POS integration that includes labor, you have the option to view your employee's time clocking entries from the POS within 7shifts. In addition, you are able to export this time clocking data to any of our payroll integrations.
As an alternative, your employees can clock in/out of Lightspeed for their breaks so the punch data will be properly recorded and synced within 7shifts.