New York Labor Compliance
NYC Fair Workweek Report
Under New York city’s Fair Workweek legislation, employers in the restaurant industry must take certain measures to ensure that their employees have predictable and fair work schedules. The Fair Workweek report includes a list of all the Fair Workweek exceptions incurred.
- Micros 3700
To enable Labor Compliance:
- Head to Company Settings > Advanced Labor
- Under the 'Jurisdiction' dropdown choose 'New York'
- Choose which exceptions you would like to enable, then click 'Save'
To run the report:
- Click on Reports > Fair Workweek
- Select the 'Date Range' and 'Location'
Included in the report:
- Employee who is owed the exception fee
- Date of the labor exception
- Exception type
- Exception fee
- Exception details
To avoid/reduce exceptions you will be warned about potential exceptions as you make changes to your schedule. Each time you make a change to a shift that causes one or more exceptions, a warning modal will appear.
You will also see a warning when assigning shifts through the Shift Pool that could cause an exception. Before publishing a schedule, if there are labor exceptions that will be incurred, you will see a summary showing the number of exceptions, the total cost, and details of each exception.
Once published the exception will be recorded in the report. Changing a shift multiple times can incur an exception each time, so be sure to consider the costs before making last minute schedule changes.