The Auto-Scheduler feature uses state-of-the-art machine learning to create Schedules for you on demand!
With the Auto-Scheduler you will be able to:
Automatically create labor-optimal Schedules with 95% accuracy.
Eliminate time spent on scheduling by creating your weekly staff Schedules in just one click
Factor in availability, overtime, skill level and preferred hours to Schedules, meaning happier, more engaged staff.
Tweak sales projections for one-off events to ensure accurate labor requirements.
Account for seasonality and regional labor regulations in Schedules to ensure labor accuracy.
Provide managers real-time push notifications to alert them when staff are about to go into overtime.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to activate this feature.
- 8-10 weeks of previously published Schedules
- The Gourmet Plan
- A POS integration with Actual Sales data and 10 weeks of 7shifts created sales projections
- Wages entered for all employees
Company and Location Settings
Before diving into the Auto-Scheduling feature, you'll need to ensure you've customized a few settings:
1. Head to Company Settings > Labor & Compliance.
2. Under 'Overtime' set these values to ensure that the Auto-Scheduler keeps your employees within the overtime limits whenever possible.
3. Be sure to click 'Save' at the bottom of the page.
4. Next, head to Company Settings > Auto-Scheduler.
5. Configure your Auto-Scheduler's settings by updating the following:
- Sales Interval: This will determine the interval in which your sales projections can be edited.
- Shift Length: This will determine the minimum and maximum hour lengths for shifts.
- Maximum consecutive working days: Set this value to limit the max number of consecutive days an employee can work.
6. Remember to click 'Save.'
7. Next, head to Locations/Departments/Roles > Locations and Click on the Specific Location.
8. Under the 'Hours of Operation' set up your 'Open' and 'Close' times for your Location.
These values should be based on the very first and last minutes of the day that staff will be in the building. This will ensure that the open and close shifts begin and end at the right time.
9. Lastly, ensure you click 'Save.'
Next up is setting up your Labor Targets.
Setting Labor Targets
Before proceeding to build your schedule via the Auto-Scheduler, you'll need to set the Labor Targets for each Location.
1. Click the 'Calendar' icon to head to the Schedule page.
2. In the heading menu select 'Optimal Labor.'
3. Now, click the 'Set Target' button next to the specific Location you would like to update.
4. Lastly, set the specific Labor Target for each Department within the Location and click on 'Save.'
The Labor Target is the percentage (%) of your Projected Sales that you would like to spend on labor.
With your Labor Targets set, you're now ready to create shifts using the Auto-Scheduler!
Once you've taken care of the settings above, you're all set to use the Auto-Scheduler and create your Schedule.
1. Click the 'Calendar' icon to head to the Schedule, and select the Location and Department you'd like to Schedule from the dropdown
2. Click on the Auto-Scheduler 'Magic Wand' icon.
3. From there, choose to either 'Assign the shifts to employees' or 'Create as open shifts' before clicking 'Continue.'
4. Next, you can quickly review your Projected Sales for the week which will help forecast how many shifts your Schedule will need. If you'd like to modify the hourly sales projections, select 'Show Details', then click the 'pencil' icon next to any value you would like to edit.
Target multiple cells by holding down on your mouse and dragging your cursor to highlight them.
While editing these values, you can choose to add a New Value, % Offset, or $ Offset.
5. Click 'Generate Schedule' to create the Schedule.
The Auto-Scheduler will calculate the optimal Schedule based on your past Schedule data.
Success! Your Schedule is ready.
You can choose to publish as-is or make any modifications you'd like first. Simply click on 'Review your schedule.'