This feature is free to all Gourmet accounts while in beta. Please contact email@example.com to activate this feature.
The Auto Scheduler features uses state-of-the-art machine learning to create schedules for you on demand!
With the Auto-Scheduler you will be able to:
Automatically create labor-optimal schedules with 95% accuracy.
Eliminate time spent on scheduling by creating your weekly staff schedules in just one click
Factor in availability, overtime, skill level and preferred hours to schedules, meaning happier, more engaged staff.
Tweak sales projections for one-off events to ensure accurate labor requirements.
Account for seasonality and regional labor regulations in schedules to ensure labor accuracy.
Provide managers real-time push notifications to alert them when staff are about to go into overtime.
In order to use the Auto-Scheduler, you will need:
- 8-10 weeks of previously published schedules
- The Gourmet Plan
- POS integration with Actual Sales data and 10 weeks of 7shifts created sales projections
- Wages entered for all employees
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Before diving into the Auto Scheduling feature, you'll need to ensure you've customized a few settings:
1. Head to Company Settings > Labor
- Overtime: Set these values to ensure that the Auto Scheduler keeps your employees within the overtime limits whenever possible.
2. Next, head to Company Settings > Auto-Scheduler
- Sales Interval: This will determine the interval in which your sales projections can be edited.
- Shift Length: This will determine the minimum and maximum hour lengths for shifts.
- Maximum consecutive working days: Set this value to limit the max number of consecutive days an employee can work.
2. Lastly, head to Locations/Departments/Roles > Locations > Specific Location > Hours of Operation
- Open/Close Times: Set these values to ensure that the open and close shifts begin and end at the right time.
Setting Labor Targets
Before proceeding to build your schedule via the Auto-Scheduler, you'll need to set the Labor Targets for each Location.
1. Click the 'Calendar' icon to head to the schedule page
2. In the heading menu select 'Labor Targets'
3. Now, click the 'Set Target' button next to the specific Location you would like to set
4. Lastly, set the specific Labor Target for each Department within the Location and click 'Save'
Once you've taken care of the settings above, you're all set to use the Auto-Scheduler to create your schedule.
1. Click the 'Calendar' icon to head to the schedule, and select the Location and Department you'd like to schedule from the dropdown
2. Click on the 'Auto-Scheduler' button
3. From there, choose to either 'Assign the shifts to employees' or 'Create as open shifts' before clicking 'Continue'
4. If you'd like to modify the hourly sales projections, select 'Show Details', then click the 'pencil' icon next to any value you would like to edit
You can choose to add a New Value, % Offset, or $ Offset
5. Click 'Generate Schedule' to create the schedule
The Auto-Scheduler will calculate the optimal schedule based on your past schedule data.
Success! Your schedule is ready. You can choose to publish as is, or make any modifications you'd like first.