ADP Workforce Now (US) Payroll Export
SKIP AHEAD TO:
For more information please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to access the ADP Canada Workforce Now Export 🇨🇦.
Activating the ADP Workforce Now Export
To enable the export, you'll need to do the following:
1. Hover over to the 'More' menu > Integrations, then click on 'Add Integration.'
2. Search and select 'ADP WFN Export' then click 'Next.'
3. Enter your ADP WFN Export Company Code and click 'Connect.'
This is required and is used for the payroll export's file name.
4. Go back to Integrations > My Integrations > ADP WFN Export and click on 'Settings.'
5. Under the 'Custom Export Codes' tab, enter the following information:
- This field is optional and can be used to identify the source of the payroll data in ADP.
Earnings Code for Holiday Hours
- This field is optional and will only appear you have enabled "Holidays" for this location.
- Contact your ADP Representative to set this code up.
- If no code is provided, worked holiday hours will be exported as regular hours.
Earning Code for Tips
- Enable if you would like to have tips appear on the export.
- If no code is entered, tips will not be exported in your ADP report.
6. Under the 'Payroll Mapping' tab, you can enable the following optional features:
Split Hours by Role
- By default, each employee's hours include all roles worked, unless this setting is turned on.
For more information please reach out to support at email@example.com.
- Enable if you would like to export the wages listed in 7shifts for your ADP Paydata Import File.
- If this is not enabled, the default wage listed in ADP will be used to calculate earnings.
Mapping Employees and Roles with ADP
In order to match employees in 7shifts to those in ADP, you will need to input your ADP File Numbers in 7shifts.
1. Under the 'Payroll Mapping' tab click on 'Edit employee IDs.'
2. Select the 'Employees' tab and enter the corresponding ADP file number for each employee.
Remember to scroll down and click 'Save.'
3. Select the 'Roles' tab to enable and map 'Department Codes' with ADP (optional).
Enter the corresponding ADP Department Code for each Role in 7shifts. Be sure to click 'Save' before changing locations.
Preparing your Export File
Before you can run the ADP Workforce Now export you'll need to ensure that you've properly approved all punches and closed your timesheet.
1. Click the 'Time Clocking' tab at the top of the screen, then select the appropriate Pay Period.
2. From there, review and 'Approve' or 'Edit' punches, or choose to 'Approve All.'
3. Once you've approved all punches, you're ready to close the Timesheet.
To close the Timesheet, select 'Close Timesheet' in the top right corner.
4. Once the Timesheet is closed, you can export it as a CSV file by clicking on 'Export' and selecting 'ADP WFN Export.'
5. You will get a file similar to this:
The columns included in the ADP Workforce Now export are:
Temp Cost Number
Hours 3 Code
Hours 3 Amount
Earnings 4 Code
Earnings 4 Amount
Including Paid Time Off (PTO)
To include Employees' Paid Time Off and Paid Sick Time hours within the report, you will first need to enable these features under your Company Settings.
After enabling Paid Time Off and / or Sick Time Off, you can input your custom codes for the ADP WFN Export by:
1. Going to the 'More' menu > Integrations > My Integrations > ADP WFN Export and clicking on 'Settings.'
2. Under the 'Custom Export Codes' tab, scroll down and set the optional codes for 'Paid Time Off', 'Sick Paid Time Off', and 'Unpaid Time Off' hours.
3. Be sure to hit 'Save.'
These fields are optional. If no code is provided, the default columns for Paid Time Off, Sick Paid Time, and Unpaid Time Off will be exported as: