Manual Sales Importer
You can upload your Actual Sales if you do not have an integration with one of our supported POS partners. These Actual Sales numbers will be imported to the Dashboard and the Weekly Budget Tool, and will be used to calculate your Projected Sales.
Not sure if your POS integrates with 7shifts? Click here to see a list of our active POS integrations.
Exporting your POS Sales Data
There are a few important factors to take note of when exporting your sales data from your POS. Each POS has a different process for exporting receipts, and here is what is needed:
1. Your sales export should include 'Net' sales, not 'Gross' sales (ie: no taxes or tips).
2. Your export should include individual receipts (Best) or 15 minute to 1 hour increments (Okay).
3. A Date and Time is required for each receipt or increment.
Uploading your Actual Sales Data
To upload your Actual Sales into 7shifts, follow these steps:
1. Go to the 'Calendar' icon to access the Schedules page.
2. From there, select the 'Import Sales' tab above the Schedule.
3. Click on 'Download Template.'
4. Once you download the template, you will want to fill this out with the actual sales data from your POS. You can copy your actual sales report into this file and reformat the data to follow the templates below before uploading it.
Date & Time / Sales (2 separate columns)
- Date & Time: YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM
- Sales: $00.00
Date / Time / Sales (3 separate columns)
- Date: YYYY-MM-DD
- Time: HH:MM AM/PM
- Sales: $00.00
In Excel: Right-click the cell and select Format Cells...> Number > Custom and select the appropriate format.
In Numbers: Format > Cell > Data Format and select the appropriate format.
In Google Sheets: Format > Number > More Formats > More date and time formats and select the appropriate format.
5. Once you've filled out and saved the template, you can then upload the file by clicking 'Choose file.'
6. After selecting the file, you'll be given the following options:
- Format: 'Individual receipts' or 'Hourly sales'. For more accurate projections we recommend entering the individual receipts.
- Location: Choose the specific Location that these sales are for.
- Time zone: Ensure that this is correct for the Location entered above.
7. After selecting the appropriate options, simply click on 'Upload File' to complete the upload.
If there are errors found in the file, you will receive a warning describing those errors. You'll need to correct those and re-save before trying again.
8. Once the upload is successful, your Actual Sales data will now appear on the Dashboard and Weekly Budget Tool on the Schedule for all dates entered on the template. This data will then be used to create and fill the Sales Projections going forward.
Click here to learn more about the Dashboard.
The Weekly Budget Tool:
Click here to learn more about the Weekly Budget Tool.
Actual Sales (outlined in red)
Projected Sales (outlined in blue)