Manager Log Book for Managers (Web)
The Manager Log Book is a secure communication tool that can only be accessed by Admins, Managers and Assistant Managers within the account.
Accessing the Manager Log Book
1. To access the Manager Log Book, navigate to 'Log Book' at the top of the screen:
2. From there you can create an entry in the categories below. Be sure to hit 'Submit' after creating your entry to ensure it is properly saved.
Drafts of your entries cannot be saved. Ensure you post your message before leaving the Manager Log Book Page.
Your Admin can create new categories. If you think you need additional categories, please reach out to your Admin.
Only posts on the present day can be removed. Posts for past or future days cannot be deleted.
Admins can remove posts made by themselves or any other user type.
By default, Manager / Assistant Managers can remove their own posts, but require the Manger Permission 'Can delete logbook posts' in order to remove posts by other users.
Even with the 'Can delete logbook posts' permission, Managers or Assistant Managers can only remove posts made by a user that is lower than them in the user type Levels of Hierarchy.
( Example: A Manager can delete the post of an Assistant Manager, but an Assistant Manager cannot delete the post of a Manager or Admin.)
3. Additionally, you'll see the following displayed above your custom categories:
- Total Sales - Daily Actual Sales will be pulled from your POS (if integrated).
- Total Labor - Labor costs will be pulled in for clients using 7punches, or who have an Actual Labor integration with a POS.
- Labor % - The actual labor % is calculated by taking your actual labor costs / actual sales.
- Weather report- You'll need to be on 'The Works' package or higher, and have your city entered under your Location settings to see this.
- Shift Feedback - You'll need to be on 'The Works' package or higher, and have Shift Feedback enabled under your Location settings to see this.
4. You can send out an email summary at the end of the day which will go to all Admins, Managers, and Assistant Managers assigned to the Location.
Your daily summary can be manually emailed or you can choose a time for it to automatically send each evening. This time is on a per Location basis.
- If there are required categories that were not filled out yet, the summary email will not automatically send.
- The email summary will not automatically send if there are no entries on that day.
- The email summary does not include Shift Feedback.