Manager Log Book for Admins (Web)
The Manager Log Book is a secure communication tool that can only be accessed by Admins, Managers, and Assistant Managers within the account.
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Accessing the Manager Log Book & Categories
To access the Manager Log Book, head to the 'Log Book' tab at the top of the screen.
As an Admin, you'll be able to customize the categories within the Manager Log Book. This will allow you to set which categories your managers can view and submit entries within.
To set your categories:
1. Head to Log Book > Categories.
2. Click on the green '+Add New' button to add a new category. Alternatively, click the Pencil icon to edit an existing one or the Trash icon to delete it.
3. If creating or editing a category, you'll be presented with a screen where you can enter several details.
You can choose the following different category types:
- Text box
- Number box
- Dollar box
- Percentage box
Choose 'Instant notification' if you'd like all Admins, Managers, and Assistant Managers to be notified every time a new entry is submitted in the category.
Choose 'Required' if you'd like to ensure that a comment is made in this particular category before the Email Summary can be sent out.
4. Be sure to click on 'Save' after making any changes to your category.
Making Log Book Posts
Once the categories are set, Admins, Managers, and Assistant Managers can easily fill out each category as the day goes.
1. To make a post, head to the 'Log Book' tab. You can also select the date and a specific Location to view if you are assigned to more than one Location.
2. When making a post, simply enter in the details for the category, and click on 'Add Entry' to post it.
An attachment can be included with an entry and team members can post additional comments to any of the entries made.
You and your managers will need to click 'Add Entry' immediately after making an entry in each category to post it.
Ensure you post your message before leaving the Manager Log Book Page. Drafts of your entries cannot be saved.
The file maximum for attachments is 2MB, and video formats are not supported at this time.
3. To remove/delete a post, click on the Trash icon. Remember, this action cannot be undone.
Only posts for the present day can be removed. Posts for past or future days cannot be deleted.
Admins can remove posts made by themselves or any other user type.
By default, Manager/Assistant Managers can remove their own posts, but require the Manger Permission 'Can delete logbook posts' in order to remove posts by other users.
Even with the 'Can delete logbook posts' permission, Managers or Assistant Managers can only remove posts made by a user that is lower than them in the user type Levels of Hierarchy.
( Example: A Manager can delete the post of an Assistant Manager, but an Assistant Manager cannot delete the post of a Manager or Admin.)
The following will be displayed above your custom categories:
- Total Sales - Daily Actual Sales will be pulled from your POS.
- Total Labor - Labor costs will be pulled in for clients using 7punches, or who have an Actual Labor integration with a POS.
- Labor % - The actual labor % is calculated by taking your actual labor costs / actual sales.
- Weather - You'll need to have your city entered under your Location settings to see this.
- Average Shift Score - If you are using Shift Feedback, you will see the average score for the day here. Click on 'View Shift Feedback' to see all Employee ratings and comments.
Sending the Manager Log Book Summary
You can send out an email summary at the end of the day which will go to all Admins, Managers, and Assistant Managers assigned to the Location. To do this, click on the 'Send email summary' button.
Your daily summary can be manually emailed or you can choose a time for it to automatically send each evening. If using the automatic option, the time the summary is sent needs to be set up for each Location separately.
- If there are required categories that were not filled out yet, the summary email will not automatically send.
- The email summary will not automatically send if there are no entries on that day.
- The email summary does not include Shift Feedback.
Here's an example of what the email summary may look like: