Role & Employee Mapping - POS Integrations
If you are integrated with a POS that offers Actual Labor, you will need to complete your mapping between your POS and 7shifts. This means matching the Employees and Roles in 7shifts to their counterparts in your POS. Your Integration Mapping Page can be found under More dropdown > Integrations Mapping.
Within the in mapping page, you can:
- Map Roles
- Map Employees
- Filter by (outlined in blue):
- Mapped, Unmapped, or Ignored, All
- Sorting (outlined in green)
7shifts will automatically map any Roles that already exist between your POS and 7shifts. You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
Any Roles that cannot be automatically matched will be under the 'Unmapped' or 'Ignored' tab.
Match any Roles from your POS that are used for punching in, to their 7shifts Role. If the Role is not used, move it to the 'Ignored' section. If you choose to set as 'Ignored,' data will not sync between the integration and 7shifts.
7shifts will automatically map any Employees that already exist between your POS and 7shifts. You'll find those under the 'Mapped' heading.
Any Employees that cannot be automatically matched will be under the 'Unmapped' or 'Ignored' tab.
If Employees are not yet entered into 7shifts, you will also have the option to 'Add to 7shifts' directly from the Mapping Page.
- Match: Simply find the corresponding employee in the list.
- Ignore: You'll want to Ignore if the employee will never need to clock in/out (i.e. Salaried employees)
- Create: This will add the employee to 7shifts, allowing you to start scheduling them.
*Note: If you are integrated with Toast POS, you can also choose to create the employees in Toast.