Managing Inactive Employees
If an employee is no longer working under your business regularly, you may wish to make their user profile inactive.
Making a user inactive means:
- The user can no longer login to their 7shifts account
- They won't receive further notifications from you via 7shifts
- You won't be able to schedule them into the future
- All of their information (past shifts, contact information, etc.) is still saved in your account to reference
SKIP AHEAD TO:
Making an Employee inactive
1. Go to the more menu ' ☰ ' > Employees.
2. Click on the three dots beside the Employee's name and select 'Deactivate Employee.'
3. Select a reason for deactivation, whether you would rehire that employee, and enter any optional comments that you may have. These details will be viewable by Admins, Managers, or Assistant Managers on the Inactive Employee page.
4. After completing the form, click on 'Deactivate Employee.'
Managing inactive Employees
Admins will have access to view all inactive users within the account.
While Employees are inactive, you are able to:
2. View the reason they were made inactive, whether you would rehire them, and any comments entered when they were deactivated.
3. Search for a specific user or filter the Inactive Employee list by the deactivation reason and rehire status.
You can also sort the list of inactive Employees by name or deactivation date.
To reactivate an Employee
If you are a Manager/Assistant Manager user who cannot see this employee, it is likely that your Admin will need to reactivate them for you.
1. If you need to reactivate an Employee you have previously deactivated, click the 'Reactivate' button to the right of the Employee.
Once you reactivate an inactive Employee, they will be able to login immediately using the same login information they used previously. You can also begin scheduling them again right away.