Communicating with Employees - Messaging & Announcements
Being able to communicate quickly and effectively with your workforce is critical. At 7shfits, we've centralized communication to help you keep everyone on the same page, no matter where they are. All of these tools are available on web and mobile.
If you want to start a group chat with several people, click on the 'compose' icon at the top right.
4. Enter your desired message.
To include additional files/attachments, drag and drop the file into the text box or click on the 'paperclip' icon. You can upload up to 3 attachments of various file types (eg: photos, doc, pdf).
Depending on the file size, you may momentarily see a progress bar as your attachments upload.
- The maximum size for attachments is 100 MB/per file.
- Uploading .exe, .dmg, videos, and audio is not available at this time.
You can remove any attachments before you post by hovering over the file and clicking the 'trash can' icon.
When an Announcement is sent, you can see how many of the recipients have viewed it in the bottom right corner:
1. Hover over this number to see who has most recently viewed the Announcement:
2. Click on this number to see the names of who has viewed the Announcement, and the date of viewing:
3. Click on the 'Unread' tab to see the names of who has not yet viewed. Click on the chat icon next to a name to send a message as a reminder to one employee, or re-send the notification to all employees in the 'Unread' list using the button at the bottom:
Deleting an Announcement
You can delete an announcement from the web app by completing the following:
1. Select the announcement then click on the three dots in the top right corner.
2. Click 'Delete.'
- 'Today' is considered a shift that falls within any Hours of Operation for the Location. Click Here for info on how to set or change your Hours of Operation.
SMS / Push / Email notifications
By default, your employees are informed about changes in 7shifts that affect them via SMS/push notification and email:
- Messages and Announcements
- When you publish / re-publish a schedule
- When you approve or decline a Time Off request
- When you approve or deny an Availability request
- When you approve or decline a shift change, both employees who requested the change will be notified
- If an employee is trying to give away their shift, other employees who are qualified to work that shift will be notified