Communicating with Employees
Being able to communicate quickly and effectively with your workforce is critical. At 7shfits, we've centralized communication to help you keep everyone on the same page, no matter where they are. All of these tools are available on web and mobile.
Here are the tools you have at your disposal to send messages to your workforce.
This is where you can start a
1-on-1 chat with someone, or a
group chat. To access Messaging, click on the black chat bubble at the top right.
You'll notice you have 3 tabs:
- Recents: shows you all recent conversations
- Groups: each Location, Department, and Role in your account has its own Messaging group. For example, if you only want to communicate something to your Servers, you can post it under the Server group. You can include attachments and staff can post their own messages or reply to others.
- People: this allows you to send a message to one person directly.
If you want to start a group chat with several people, click on the 'compose' icon at the top.
To send a one-way message blast to your workforce where you aren't wanting to start a conversation, you will want to use
Announcements, found right beside the Messaging icon.
From here, you'll be able to select who you want to send the message to. Employees will be notified via email or text/push notification, based on the notification settings they've specified in their account.
Once you click submit, your message is immediately delivered. You and your employees can now reference past announcements on the web and mobile app.
You can also reference past messages and who it was delivered to by going to the
Activity Log (hover pover your
profile picture > Activity Log).
page will give you a breakdown of key activites taking place within your 7shifts company account.
3. SMS / Push / Email notifications
By default, your Employees are informed about changes in 7shifts that affect them via text/push notification and email:
Please note: SMS notifications are available on the Appetizer plan and higher.
- When you publish a schedule
- When you approve or decline a time off request
- When you approve or decline a shift change, both Employees who requested the change will be notified
- If an employee is trying to give away their shift, other Employees who are qualified to work that shift will be notified