Levels of Hierarchy - User Types
There are 4 possible levels of user hierarchy in 7shifts:
- The Admin is the person who creates the 7shifts account.
- The Admin user type is the super user and has access to edit and view everything within the 7shifts account. Admins can add/edit Managers, Assistant Managers, and Employees.
- The Admin may add and delete Locations, change billing information, and upgrade Plan types.
- The Admin user type can only be set by 7shifts Support (contact email@example.com) and must be requested by another Admin user.
- Managers can add/edit Assistant Managers and Employees. They cannot add/edit Admins or other Managers.
- Managers will be restricted to the Locations and Departments they're assigned to.
- Individual Manager permissions are listed here.
- Assistant Managers can only add/edit Employees. They cannot add/edit Admins, Managers, or Assistant Managers.
- Assistant Managers will be restricted to the Locations and Departments they're assigned to.
- Individual Assistant Manager permissions are listed here.
- Employees cannot add or edit anyone within the 7shifts account.
- They can update their own contact information, but only if they have a profile already created for them by their Admin or Manager/Assistant Manager.
- Employees will be restricted to the Locations and Departments they're assigned to.
Click here for more information on how to make users Managers or Assistant Managers.