Stations (aka sections) allow you to assign employees to a specific area of your operation while being assigned a Role for their shift. For example:
- Stations can be assigned a Station # (default):
Employee A can be assigned to the Bartender Role, Station 1.
Employee B can be assigned to the Bartender Role, Station 2.
- You can create custom names for your Stations:
Employee A can be assigned to the Bartender Role, Patio Station.
Employee B can be assigned to the Bartender Role, Lounge Station.
- Go to the Locations > Departments > Roles section at the top right of your account, then select Roles.
- Click on a Role, and you'll see the 'Stations' input field.
- Enter either the Station number for the Role
Enter the custom name for the Station
- Click 'Save.'
Assigning Stations to Employees:
- Click the 'Calendar' icon to go to the schedule and click to add a shift.
- If the Role you are selecting has Stations, you'll see the dropdown appear, allowing you to select which Station the employee will be assigned to.
Employees will now know which Stations they are assigned to when they look at their upcoming shifts on the Schedule (both mobile and web app).