If you need to set up a member of your team as a Manager in 7shifts, here are a few steps that you can take whether they need a user profile created or they already have an Employee profile in the account.
On the web app, there are two methods you can use to set up your users as managers. The steps you take will depend on:
You can also choose to add them as a 'Manager' or 'Assistant Manager' user type. The only difference between the two is in terms of hierarchy since a Manager is more senior than an Assistant Manager.
- Only Admins can add Managers.
- Admins and Managers can both add Assistant Managers or Employees.
- Assistant Managers are only able to add Employees.
If they have not been added to the account yet
To make someone a Manager or Assistant Manager in 7shifts, you must first create their user profile by completing the following steps:
1. Going to the more menu ' ☰ ' > Employees.
2. Then, click on the '+ Add Employee' button.
3. Under the 'User type' dropdown, you can select their user type and permissions. Their Manager Permissions will determine what tools they'll have access to in 7shifts.
4. Be sure to assign them to all of their respective Locations and Departments. This way they can begin creating the Schedule for their Employees and manage any relevant requests/notifications within the account.
5. Once you entered the required information, you can create their profile by clicking on the 'Add' button at the bottom of the page.
If you selected the 'Email/SMS invite' option, the manager will be sent an email invitation to 7shifts immediately after you click on 'Add'. From there, they'll be prompted to accept the invite and set up a password so they can log in right away.
If their user profile has already been created in the account
To make someone in your account a Manager or Assistant Manager in 7shifts, complete the following steps:
1. Go to the more menu ' ☰ ' > Employees and click on their profile to edit it.
2. Under the 'Permissions' tab, change their 'Employee Type' to 'Manager' or 'Assistant Manager.'
3. Below, you should see a list of their Manager Permissions. Check all that apply and click on 'Save.'
Managers and Assistant Managers will be restricted to the Locations and Departments they're assigned to, so be sure to assign them to all of their respective Departments. This way they can create Schedules for their Employees and manage any relevant requests/notifications within the account.
Click here to learn more about updating a user's profile to grant them access to multiple Departments and Schedules.
You can grant a Manager or Assistant Manager access to multiple Department Schedules without having their name appear under all of them. If they only need to appear on the Schedules page for certain Departments, you can enable/disable the 'Appear on schedule' option under their user profile.
Click here to learn how.