You can add someone as a Manager or Assistant Manager; the only difference between the two is in terms of hierarchy. A Manager is more senior than an Assistant Manager. View the levels of hierarchy.
- Only Admins can add Managers.
- Admins and Managers can both add Assistant Managers or Employees.
- Assistant Managers are only able to add Employees.
If they have not been added to the account yet:
To make someone a Manager or Assistant Manager in 7shifts, you must first add them as an Employee.
Tip: you can select the user type when you first create a user's profile.
Please note that Managers / Assistant Managers will be restricted to the Locations and Departments they're assigned to, so be sure to assign them to all of their respective Department(s). This way they can begin creating the Schedule for their Employees and manage any relevant requests/notifications within the account.
If their user profile has already been created:
1. Go to the 'More' menu > Employees and click on their profile to edit it.
2. Under the 'Permissions' tab, change their 'Employee Type' to 'Manager' or 'Assistant Manager.'
3. Below, you should now see the Manager Permissions. Check all that apply and click 'Save.'